Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Focus on Brads / My Mind's Eye

Hey there, friends :)  I hope you're hanging in there on this Tuesday...I'm trying to get caught up on life in general.  My husband and I just returned very early yesterday morning from a long weekend trip to Las Vegas!  We had so much fun.  It was our very first trip away together since Reese was born...over 7 years ago.  The timing was never right to get away without our children, but it finally was this time.  I'm still jet lagged...the three-hour time difference has me all messed up.  But it was worth it!

Here's a page that went up on the My Mind's Eye blog while I was away.  It focuses on using up all those decorative brads that you have left over from your collections.  I think this might be one of my favorite pages ever...I just love how it turned out. 

I used papers and embellishments from the Find Your Wings & Fly collection, and all the brads are from several different collections.  I began by creating a circle grid on my Cameo.  I  had planned on using the grid as a square, but I turned it on its tips like a diamond and I loved it so much for.  I then filled in most of the circles with different sized brads.  I also added some watercolor behind the photo and on top of the patterned paper on the right.


So many of the MME collections coordinate so well with each other...I used brads from four different lines.


I love layering...here I have my cardstock base, my Cameo cut, two patterned papers, my photo, chipboard and my title.  Oh, and a piece of washi tape is in there, too.  Layering is such a great technique to create depth and interest.


These are all from the Find Your Wings & Fly Sticker Accessory Sheet and chipboard pieces.  Even the stamps are from this collection.  I pop dotted this big arrow to make it stand out more.


I hope this gives you some ideas on how to use up all those extra brads you have left over!  You don't have to create a grid by any means, but this just shows a neat and fun way to create something different.  I'm hoping it inspires you somehow :)

Thanks for checking in with me today, and have a wonderful Tuesday!

Supplies:Find Your Wings & Fly “Up & Away”: Paper—Rainbow Harlequin, Big Top, Quatrefoil; Decorative Brads; Sticker Accessory Sheet; Chipboard Elements; Decorative Stamps; Decorative Brads from: Chalk Studio, Lost & Found Record It “Heirloom,” Cut & Paste “Flair”; Cut & Paste “Presh” Decorative Tapes; Decorative Tape Sets—Coral & Aqua, Mint & Grey; Other—Silhouette Cameo; cardstock; watercolors, black Sharpie pen, thread.

6 comments:

  1. So sweet! Your lo's are always so pretty and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is delightful. I love the circle diecut with the brads...thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the brads. So clever. Think I will be trying that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a fun trip, Missy!! Your page is awesome! Love the beautiful mix of colors and the way you used the cut file to add in your brads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love how you used the brads. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete