Sunday, February 23, 2014

A few more cards

Hello, friends :)  I wanted to share a few more cards I made with the February Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  Like I said in my previous card post, I'm not a huge card maker.  There is nothing worse than spending time, energy and your precious scrappy supplies on a card to give to someone and they just totally disregard it and it winds up in the garbage!  Some people just don't appreciate a handmade card.  However, those people in your life who DO appreciate them are always thrilled to receive one.  Those are the people I make cards for.  And although it may seem like just a "simple card" to us...the average person is completely blown away by what you've made!

I had already made four layouts with this kit, and I had so many bits and pieces left over that I decided to give some cards a try.  They came together surprisingly quick, and although they're not my favorite designs by any means, they were still fun to make!

This kit is filled with the Love Notes collection from Crate Paper.  I liked the XOXOs on this patterned paper and the fun dimensional fan flower sticker.  I added in a little bit of thread.  It's not perfect, but I still like it.


You can't really see the shiny dried glue unless the light is shining on it...


I added some stamping and watercolor to this little card.  I really loved the chipboard mailbox and wanted the look of hearts pouring out of it.  I thought it turned out cute!  Pretty simple, but I know if I gave this to my mom, she'd love it :)


I dabbed red watercolor inside the stamped hearts.  I like that they're not perfect :)


You can check HERE for all the February kits.  I really enjoyed creating with this one.  I still have one more layout and card to share before the month ends.

Thanks for taking a peek!  Have a great Sunday :)

1 comment: