Thursday, July 16, 2020

This Life / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I hope you are all still hanging in there.  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 June Hip Kits.  I went a little stamp crazy to make this background :)  I am loving these exclusive stamps, and I used the circle "This is Life" stamp to create my own patterned paper background. 

I used textured white cardstock as my base, and I first coated it with clear gesso.  After it dried, I used the Ink Philosophy Ink Pads from the Color Kit (pink and light blue) as well as the three ink pads from The Stamp Market from last month's Color Kit.  I stamped the circles in a big cluster design and then used a water brush to add a little bit of water to make the colors bleed and spread.  I wound up adding the darker blue color later.  I pulled out Shimmerz Frost Bite from a previous Color Kit and stamped with it.



I love how this turned out!  I love the "this looks like it got left out in the rain" effect.  The key to this technique is using gesso first.  I even did a bit more stamping here using another exclusive "memories" stamp.  I love that the cardstock's texture is visible through it.  I used some die cuts and stickers from Pinkfresh Studio Let's Stay Home here.


I used some exclusive Pocket Life cards as layers behind the photos.  I distressed the edges to give them a bit more interest and texture.  I used some of the exclusive die cut tags behind the photos as well.  I added some cord to them to finish them off.


I fussy cut a few colored circles from a Stamp Market paper and tucked them in a few places.  I also added some matching colors of tangled thread.


I used more of the exclusive die cuts for my title and layered more die cuts around it.  I was nervous about stamping directly onto the page here, but it turned out perfectly.




I even used some of the bright yellow tissue paper that the kits were wrapped in here.  It's too pretty to not use on a layout!


Here are a few more close-ups...












I hope this made you smile today...it sure was fun to make!  Making these fun stamped backgrounds is my new obsession...haha.  Be sure to check out my process video here:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment