Saturday, July 11, 2020

That Lockdown Life / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club today using the 2020 June Hip Kits.  I used one of the exclusive cut files for this...the numbers instantly made me think of the quarantine and how many days this has been going on.  It feels like FOREVER, am I right?!  That theme paired with the kits was perfect, so I went with it.

I cut the numbers a few times in different sizes on textured white cardstock.  I wound up gluing them together to make one large cut file.  I used a Stamp Market patterned paper as my background.  I coated most of it with white gesso to fade out some of the black dots.  My only issue with using white gesso on white paper is it looks kind of yellow.  The whites are hard to match up.  I used a mix of a few Lindy's Starburst Sprays from older Color Kits with the blue and pink Color Philosophy Ink Pads from the July Color Kit to create a big watercolor area behind the cut file. 



There are so many cute exclusive die cuts that coordinate with the Pinkfresh Studio Let's Stay Home collection.  Perfect for quarantine or lockdown photos, which is what I used here.  Pictures of my daughter going nuts during bedtime...haha!  We've gone crazy over here :D  I printed my photos smaller and backed them with some of the Pocket Life cards & bits of patterned papers.  I used a few of the cute house & heart die cuts along with some Pinkfresh Studio chipboard circles here.  I also used a few of the exclusive stamps.


I popped up the die cut and the photos using adhesive foam to create some dimension.  I love the shadow effect this creates!  I also tucked in some matching threads in a few places.


Looking back on this page, I kind of wished I would've added a bit of color to the numbers.  This turned out way whiter than I wanted.  Maybe I should've extended the background color out a little more.


I do love how the title turned out.  I struggled with it at first.  I tried to add the letters directly to the numbers and they got lost and weren't very clear to read.  So I removed them and attached them to some scrap cardstock.  I cut the whole title out and machine stitched through them.  Once I placed it back onto the numbers, it was easily visible.


Here's another photos cluster...more die cuts ad stickers.  I also fussy cut a few tiny hearts from a Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper to use as small die cuts.


Here are a few more close-ups...








I get asked often about the black pen I use for journaling.  It's a fine tip Sharpie :)  I get them at Walmart.




And that's it!  I have to admit...this isn't my most favorite layout.  It didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped.  And that's okay.  All layouts can't be your favorite, right?  I still love this cut file, the colors, the theme and the title.  I just think it needs less white...haha.  I hope you at least got some ideas from this...take them and make them your own and have fun!

Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment