Thursday, July 2, 2020

St. Maarten Paradise / Paige Evans NEW CUT FILES

Hello yet again, friends!  I've had a busy scrappy week :)  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring one of her new 20 Summer Cut Files.  Would you look at these adorable flip flops?!  The coolest thing about them is the floral design inside them is the same design as Paige's new Flower Stencil!  A match made in heaven :)  I just had to combine the two.

I used Paige's Horizon collection on this layout.  I started by cutting the flip flops on Paper 20 because it was so colorful.  I used thick white cardstock as my background, and I coated most of it with clear gesso first.  I placed the stencil over the cardstock and scraped modeling paste over it.  Once that dried, I sprayed a few blue Shimmerz sprays over it.  I spritzed a little water over it and let it run and blend.  Very easy with a big impact :)


I traced the smaller details on the flip flops on Paper 09, cut them out and then popped them up using adhesive foam.  I chose this colorful paper because it allowed me to use any color for embellishing.  I really love how this blue background makes the cut file pop.


I pulled out the navy Mini Foam Thickers from the Pick-Me-Up collection...I love that darker blue color.  I went simple and just used the location as my title.  I fussy cut "paradise" from Paper 04 and tucked it in.  I also fussy cut a few green & pink flowers from paper to use in a few places.


I tried to mainly use stickers and pieces that were more on the solid side, meaning they weren't very patterned.  The flip flops were extremely patterned, so in order to break that up, the solid colors were needed.  And I didn't want to add too much since the floral pattern was busy enough.  I used some Cardstock Stickers and a Puffy Sticker as well as a globe circle that I cut out.


I love this small bit of dimension here.  I think it makes such a big difference!




I used a few scraps of patterned papers behind my photo as layers along with some tangled thread.


I used a floral sticker on the right.  I love that it echos all the colors in the flip flops.


I am loving this texture so much!




I hope you are inspired...I sure was when I saw this cut file!  Be sure to check out the Happy Scrappy Facebook Group to see all the cut files being revealed every day until July 20.  You can purchase them HERE.  They are ALL so cute and summery!

Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put this together:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you again soon :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment