Friday, June 12, 2020

Sweet / Paige Evans DT

Hey friends!  Happy Friday...yay!!  I'm here with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  It's a Bloom Street layout featuring another one of Paige’s new stencils called Tiles. It has such a cool shape and it’s perfect for a background design. I also used Paige’s new Butterflies cut file. I began with clear gesso on some smooth white cardstock. I scraped some glass bead gel over the stencil. While that dried, I chose my papers to use with the cut file. I was inspired by the colors from Paper 16. I chose a few other papers that had yellow, periwinkle, and light blue as well. I chose to use Horizon Paper 06 for the light blue color. I traced each butterfly, cut them out, and decided to pop them up with adhesive foam on top of the cut file instead of backing it.


The glass bead gel is so cool! It has a rough and bumpy texture. I used lots of matching Shimmerz sprays and paints on top of the gel. Here you can see the tiny beads through all the color. Once it was all dry, I positioned the cut file and then placed each butterfly in each spot. I was able to bend up the wings after gluing down just the centers. I used one of the Puffy Vinyl Stickers as my title. It matched the pink color throughout the layout.


I used some stickers and fussy cut flowers to create a little cluster on the right side of the photo.  I also used some pieces from the 2x2 Paper Pads along with some yellow thread.  I layered some patterned paper behind the photo with some white tissue paper.


Here you can see the glass beads.  They're so tiny!  I love the effect of this gel...so fun to use something different.  Lots of amazing texture there :)


When I added the sprays to the background, I spritzed a bit of water over it so the colors would lightly blend together. The yellow and pink softly blended into a lighter pinkish color that look really pretty. Here you can see how much of a difference the adhesive foam makes. It literally pops the butterflies right off the page!


 I decided not to waste the inside pieces of the butterfly cut file.  I placed a few of those around the page and glued down the centers.  After they dried, I stitched across the middle of each one with some needle and pink embroidery thread.  I wasn't about to run the glass bead gel through my sewing machine...haha!  Not sure how that would turn out...




My favorite thing about butterflies is bending up the wings!  They look like they were just flying around and landed on the page :)


I created two clusters - one here on the upper left side of the page. I fussy cut this cute sun and the “hello" from a 2x2 Paper Pad. I popped the sun up off the page and tucked pink thread under it for added texture. I also fussy cut a few small flowers from the 2x2 Paper Pad as well as from Paper 23.


 A few more close-ups of all the colors, textures and details!






I hope this inspires you and gives you some fun ideas to try.  How often are you inspired by a single piece of patterned paper or just one embellishment?  I have been wanting to use that striped paper for a while, and I finally did.  It inspired my whole color scheme for this page.  It sure was fun to make!

Be sure to check out my process video here:


Thanks so much for stopping in, and I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment