Saturday, June 13, 2020

Fun Times Together / Hip Kit Club

It's the weekend...yay!  I hope you are all still hanging in there.  Here's a bright and fun layout I created for Hip Kit Club :)  I used the 2020 May Hip Kits, and I really love how it turned out!  I used one of the free exclusive cut files for June as the main design element.  I also decided to go bold with my background...I used a bright pink cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.

This background was quite an adventure to create.  Long story short...I wound up using lots and lots of color on it.  You can see the entire saga in my process video down below :)  I first scraped white gesso down.  Once that dried, I used the Stamp Market ink pads from the Color Kit to add some color.  I stamped the orange and red colors on to some plastic, spritzed it with water and smushed it down.  I sprayed a bit of some pink Lindy's spray from a previous kit and mixed it all together.  Once it dried, it completely disappeared!  There was literally NO color on the paper.  I repeated this same process, but I added some of the Art Philosophy watercolor from last month's Color Kit, and it worked great.  It's so interesting to see how certain products react with gesso. 


I wound up mixing the pink and yellow Art Philosophy watercolors to create this orange color.  It worked great!  I watered down some white acrylic paint to add some white splatters.  It showed up so nice on the dark pink cardstock.  I cut the title on white cardstock, and I just left it white.  I embellished all over the place using lots of stickers and die cuts from the kits.


I wanted a bright rainbow color scheme, so I backed the cut file using various patterned papers and a few Pocket Life cards from the kits.   I popped that part up using adhesive foam and added some orange thread under it.  I love this little camera, so I added a green rhinestone to the center and placed it right inside the cut file.


I wanted different shades of pink along with some orange on the pink background.  I also used a red gelato in a few places to darken the pink a bit.  I used black and white photos to make all the colors really stand out.  I used pieces of Pocket Life cards as layers behind the photos.


I used some of the Vicki Boutin flower die cuts on both edges of the page.  I love the blue color against the pink and orange background.  I fussy cut a few orange circles from a Stamp Market paper and glued those around the page.  The little green circles are from the Vicki Boutin packaging.  I used my hole puncher!  So easy!


I cut out this large pink flower from the Vicki Boutin packaging, too.  Her packaging is the best!!  I added in a few Amy Tangerine foam stickers in a few places.


Here are some more close-ups of all the dimension and details...
\







 I added a bit of machine stitching with black thread on a few of the sticker clusters around the photos.


Although making this background was a challenge (haha) I honestly love how it all turned out in the end.  Playing with different products is always a fun adventure, and you never know how the end result will look.  I hope it inspires you in some way...I had fun making it!

Here's the video with all the details:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment