Monday, June 22, 2020

Homemade Memories / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Monday, friends!  Here's my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I was so excited about how this page turned out!  I used several newer products from Pinkfresh Studio including the Let's Stay Home collection.  I wanted to try out this floral stamp from the Keep Going Stamp Set.  I used several of the Mini Ink Cubes for the stamping.  I wanted to create a floral background with blurry and runny edges...kind of like the page was left in the rain.  I used white textured cardstock as my background, and I did coat it all with clear gesso first.

I started by using a few of the blue inks to stamp the flower down.  I used a water brush to add just a touch of water to the stamped image and blurred the lines.  I love how the blues instantly started to blend and spread.  That was exactly the effect I was going for!  At first this was going to be a blue monochromatic page, but the lilac color sort of worked its way in...haha.


Here you can see the cardstock's texture.  The stamp worked great on this as well as on the gesso.  The gesso allows the mixed media to not soak right into the paper, so the water was able to blur the ink very easily.  I used a lot of things here...all from the Let's Stay Home collection.  Puffy stickers, die cuts, cardstock stickers, tags, patterned papers...all the goodies.  I also used the Frame Builder Botanical Circles Die here as well as some of the blue Essentials Jewels Mix.


I created a cluster at the bottom of the page using some paper strips from the 6x6 Paper Pad.  I combined more stickers and die cuts as well as more jewels and blue alpha stickers.  I popped up a few of these pieces to create some dimension and added some blue thread under them.


Behind my photo strip, I layered in more blue things including a large tag and a few patterned papers.  I love how these stamped parts turned out!


I added my journaling down here above the bottom cluster.  I wanted to keep some separation between the main section and the bottom section.  That white space does that.


I chose this Homemade Memories die cut as my main title from the beginning and knew I wanted it to overlap the bottom of my photos like this.  I layered blue thread under it and worked the cluster down beneath it.


I added in the lilac pieces after the blue layers were done.  I found this cute flower die cut and then added a few pieces of darker lilac paper pieces.


I lucked out and had the perfect lilac thread, so I machine stitched in a few places to give it a bit more texture.


I added more of the die cut leaf circles here at the top as well as this Quality Time die cut.  I distressed the edges of almost everything.  I love how the photo created the perfect space to layer this circle on top.


Here are a few more detailed images of all the prettiness :)






I might be obsessed with these jewels...they look gorgeous when they hit the light!


I hope this inspires you in some way today :)  I have a process video, so you can see how easy this background was to make.  It looks complicated, but I promise it isn't!  Mixed media is so fun, and I hope you try it if you haven't :)

Here's the video:



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment