Thursday, June 18, 2020

Fun Days / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club today :)  I used the 2020 May Hip Kits, and I went with another colored cardstock background.  I had the perfect photo that matched this beautiful aqua color.  I wanted lots of texture and deeper aqua colors on the background and then lots of bright pink, yellow and orange to contrast on top.

My photo alone helped me determine its placement on the page.  I like to have the person in the photo looking across the page, so since my daughter's face is looking toward the left, I wanted the photo on the right.  I wanted lots of layers and embellishments tucked in everywhere, so that's where I started.  I used one of the Vicki Boutin stencils with some modeling paste to create all that fun texture.  Once it dried, I used some blue Lindy's Gang sprays from previous Color Kits to add color over the paste.  I wanted the background to look like water peeking out from behind everything.


I went through pretty much everything in the kits and picked out pieces that were pink, orange and yellow.  I even used the gorgeous hot pink tissue paper the kits were wrapped in!  I fussy cut pink and orange flowers, I used Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine stickers...even this cute little yellow bow sticker.


These large flowers were from one of the Stamp Market papers.  They are so summery and pretty and worked so well with the aqua colors.  I had to use the flamingo and palm tree stickers!


So for my title I wanted to use the hot pink Thicker word stickers.  However, using all that pink was overkill.  I had so much pink already on the page.  I decided to change the color of FUN.  It was very easy...I used my finger to smudge a few coats of white gesso on them.  Once dry, I used the yellow and orange Stamp Market ink pads from the Color Kit and literally scraped them across the letters very lightly.  I love how distressed they look!  It broke up all the pink and brought some yellow & orange to this part of the page.


For all these layers, I used lots of goodies.  I fussy cut some squares from a Stamp Market paper, I tore a few pieces, I cut a few tags...used a few stickers.  Basically anything that was pink, orange or yellow.  I tucked in some flowers and even did some machine stitching in a few places.  I added more Dear Lizzy & Amy Tangerine stickers and went tone-on-tone with the Pool Party stickers.  It was much later that I decided to add in the navy blue.  Here on the background you can see some splatters...I mixed the ink pads with a bit of white acrylic paint to make light pink, light orange and light yellow.  I used my brush to splatter it around.


This sticker is what inspired me to add navy blue to the page.  I wanted to use it because it was perfect right in this spot.  I was hesitant because it added another color I hadn't incorporated into the layout.  I went with it and I'm so glad I did!  I popped this up with some adhesive foam, as I did with everything else on the main cluster.


Texture....sooooo fun!  I did add in matching thread colors in a few places.


I went back and added some navy to the background.  I used a Shimmerz spray that we got a very long time ago...but it was the perfect color.  I punched a hole through the top of this tag and added some cord.


 I added just a few navy blue things, and it was the perfect amount to spread it around the page.  I used this "summer vibes" sticker and a sliver of navy here on the side.




I had originally overlooked this navy tag from Stamp Market, but I found it...yay!  I tucked it in here on the right side, and it was perfect for that spot.


A few more close-ups :)




I love how this page turned out...this is truly my favorite kind of layout to make.  I think I could scrap pool photos for the rest of eternity and be completely happy...haha.  I hope this inspires you today.

Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping in, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment