Friday, April 24, 2020

Sweet You Are Loved / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, and Happy Friday!  Let's be honest...I'm not sure what day it really is anymore being stuck in 2020 Quarantine...ughhh...will this ever end?!  On a happier note, I have my latest layout for Hip Kit Club to share today :)  I used the 2020 April Hip Kits, and this is my first page using them.

My assignment was to create a grid design.  I was having a hard time focusing while making this page...home schooling and isolation were just weighing heavily and I couldn't get the creative juices flowing.  I changed the design around several times before coming up with a wonky grid.  I painted frames on cardstock at first and didn't like them that much.  So I cut them out and used them as layers on this page.

I absolutely adore the April Kits!  The Crate Paper goodness is off the charts, and I used lots of it to create these layers.


I used some acrylic craft paint from my stash to first paint four large squares on white cardstock.  The pink square is not paint...I used the Art Philosophy Watercolor from the Color Kit.  I used Blush and just brushed it on.  It's a beautiful pink!  I cut up the Crate Paper cut apart sheet and mixed and matched those to the frames.  I changed my idea and decided to fussy cut the frames out and then I distressed the edges and layered them behind the cut out pieces.


I distressed the edges of pretty much everything...haha.  I love the texture that adds.  I ran all the quadrants through my sewing machine using black thread.  Once I figured out how I wanted to lay everything out, I added a large chipboard title from the Crate Paper chipboard sheet.


I wanted this particular piece to serve as a secondary title, so I didn't crowd it with lots of embellishments.  I only added a dimensional butterfly sticker and these two cute cameras.  Both are from Crate Paper.  I also added in some black tangled thread, and I popped the cameras up using adhesive foam.


Although this layout was a challenge for me, I am still really loving all the texture and dimension.  This spot here was perfect for my journaling.  I also added in a few more bits...part of a yellow flower die cut (Crate Paper), a Carta Bella chipboard sticker, and a few fussy cut green circles (from a Pocket Life card).


I fussy cut a cute flower cluster from another Pocket Life card and tucked it in on the side here.  See how the torn and messy edges just create so much interest?  I love that!


I added my photo up on the top.  It's a rare photo of both my girls together.  That hardly ever happens...haha!


More die cuts and stickers added here...all from Crate Paper.


And a few more close-ups of all the goodness :)



Here's a tip...I cut this large yellow flower die cut in half since you can't even see the other part of it.  I used the other half down below.  One die cut...two places!


I hope this inspires you in some way, especially if you're in creative slump.  I know the quarantine is taking its toll on us, so we need all the help we can get!  I hope you'll check out the video of this layout...I show how it evolved and all the changes that went in to the final result.  The video is HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment