Thursday, April 16, 2020

Fun Pool Day / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm taking a break from all of the home schooling and therapy sessions...man on man!  This is crazy at the moment, which I am sure you all know.  Sheesh I need a break!

Here's my latest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2020 March Hip Kits.  I chose papers from the Main Kit to match my pool photo.  I used one of the free background cut files for this month to create all the different sized octagons.  I wanted to cut my photo in the same shape, so I did that as well.  I chose the light pink cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  Since my photo is primarily blue, the pink background was a nice contrast.

I used a mix of the pink Nuvo Mousse from the Color Kit and some Lindy's Gang Magical Powders from older kits on the background.  I love how this all came together!


I worked on arranging all the octagons.  Once I decided on a vertical design, I distressed the edges and added some adhesive foam behind them.  I chose embellishments from Heidi Swapp, Pebbles and Paige Evans to scatter around the page.  This "easygoing" piece is a transparent vellum sticker, so I stuck it to white cardstock and cut it out.  I also traced around the edges of some of the octagons with a gold pen.  After I glued them down, I wished I had stitched around them...so this pen gave a similar effect.


I mixed some of the Bloom Street Vinyl Stickers with the blue glittery Thickers for my title.  I decided to bring some of the octagons over to the left side of the page, so I created a little cluster to nestle into the title.  I used more Heidi Swapp stickers here...I attached this one to vellum.  I wished after that I had used white cardstock so it would appear whiter.  I wound up smudging some white gesso behind it to make it stand out a bit more.  And how cute is this flamingo?  It's a Pebbles sticker, and I did trim off some of the white border.


I smudged some white gesso over the darker teal octagons here to soften them up a bit.  I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint as well...I'm really loving that effect lately.  The gold splatters are from the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray that we got back in the November Kits.


These colors are just so pretty...I can never get tired of working with them!  I added some pink and blue thread in a few places for added color & texture.  I used a gold metallic pen to write my journaling.


Here's a great angle to see the dimension from the adhesive foam.  It just helps everything to pop off the page.  I added a few of the enamel dots and heart stickers in a few places.


Here are more close-ups of all the details :)


This octagon tore as I was distressing the edges, but I used it anyway.  It gives it character...haha :)




I hope this inspires you in some way during this monotonous quarantine.  It's so hard to get creative some days.  Maybe this will give you a spark!  I do have a process video for this HERE on the HKC channel.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment