Monday, April 20, 2020

Be Still My Heart / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Monday, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio featuring the beautiful My Favorite Story collection.  I'm a sucker for anything containing yellow, pink and blue, so this is right up my alley :)

I used the Plant Kindness cut file available HERE in the Pinkfresh Store.  This cut file is designed to work with the Print & Cut feature and the Plant Kindness patterned paper.  I have yet to learn how to use that feature (haha), so I used the cut file in a totally different way.  When you open it as is in Silhouette Studio, it's just a bunch of wonky floral & leaf shapes.  I cut out a ton of the shapes in different sizes on white cardstock.  I covered them all in gesso before peeling them off my mat, and then I used the Liquid Watercolors to paint them.

I hadn't used this gorgeous background paper yet, so I just had to use it here.  I replaced the light pink section with some blue patterned paper and then machine stitched through the lines.  I love how that makes the different sections really pop.  


I smudged some white gesso on the background so the area around the flowers would look a little cloudy and hazy.  I layered the flowers in a tone-on-tone fashion...meaning blue on blue, pink on pink, etc.  I also cut a few flowers from the My Favorite Story floral die cuts to layer in as well.  I used some of the chipboard circle stickers and tucked in some matching colors of tangled thread.


I wanted the white section to stay light, so I only added some light pink flowers and heart puffy stickers.  I went with white-on-white with the title and used the white puffy alphas.  I used one of the My Favorite Story tags as a layer behind the photo.  It's actually a brighter pink, so I lightened it up with some white gesso.  I also added some cord to it.  I used a gold metallic pen to write my journaling.


I added some puffy heart stickers to each color section as well as some enamel dots.  Here you can see the detail of the watercolor on the flower shapes.


More close ups!




I did use the Classic Words Die Set here to create this "beautiful" piece.



I hope this inspires you to try a little mixed media on your next layout.  This is a great way to do some mixed media in more of a controlled way.  Coloring the flowers is a bit messy, but then you can "neatly" arrange them on a clean background :)

I do have a process video HERE, so check it out to see exactly how I put this together.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment