Saturday, January 11, 2020

Winter in Vegas / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  I made this using the 2019 December Hip Kits.  Using winter themed products has never been easy for me considering I live in Florida...haha.  We took a recent trip last month to Las Vegas, and I was able to get lots of fun wintry photos!  I was excited to scrap this picture of me and a giant snowman because the kits have a ton of snowmen in them.  I decided to create a little winter scene using them and some trees.

I decided to make this page extra "snowy" and use white cardstock as my base.  I wanted to add some mixed media but keep most of it white.  I also wanted to pull in some pinkish tones...I'm not a huge fan of the classic red and green.  So I made it work :)


I coated the background with clear gesso first and then used a mix of Lindy's Magical Powders.  I used the Andrea's Azalea from the Color Kit as well as a few other colors from past kits.  I created some "snow" by splattering some watered down white acrylic paint.  I also splattered some of the Gold Glitter Spray from the December Documented Kit we got last month.  To create this fun scene, I layered some chipboard snowmen and trees with some fussy cut snowmen and die cuts.


I wanted the pink background to show above and below the scene.  I mixed and matched the title, combining a metallic gold Thicker with some of the Pretty Little Studio black alphas.  I used a black Sharpie to write my journaling and added another fussy cut snowman beside it.  I popped him up using some adhesive foam.


I also added in some of those blingy enamel gems...they're so shimmery and pretty!


To give my scene some grounding, I tore a few strips of this dark green Crate Paper sheet.  I lightened it up a bit and made it look a little more snowy by smudging some white gesso over it in a few places.  I also splattered the white paint on it.  It gave my snowmen & trees a place to sit.


I did want pops of red on the layout, so I added in a few die cut flowers.  I also tangled up some pink and red thread together and tucked it in a few places.


This cute tree is actually one of the paper clips, but I took it apart and just used the tree.  I love all the dimension these layers create.  Chipboard is awesome for layering like this...it gives some great depth.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)



I hope this inspires you to create a cute little scene on a layout.  Trees and animals (or snowmen...haha) make it pretty easy.  It's just a matter of layering.

I do have a process video for this HERE on the Hip Kit YouTube Channel.  My channel is STILL being worked on....ugh.  Google now says they're in the process of transferring my content into a new channel.  I have no idea how long this will take...they told me this three weeks ago.  I'm not losing hope!  I'm two months into this debacle, and I'm anxious to get it resolved.

I hope you guys have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I love all the layers! I've been outta the social media network for a while and just realized I cant watch your YouTube channel anymore and I'm heartbroken! 😩 Beautiful page nonetheless ⛄❤

    ReplyDelete