Monday, January 20, 2020

Song / Pinkfresh Studio NEW Release!

Happy Monday, everyone!  I have a new layout to share for Pinkfresh Studio featuring one of the NEW collections.  I used the Super Cool collection to document these sweet photos of my girls in the car.  I used lots of the embellishments in this collection to enhance the the theme of speech bubbles.  This layout is very special because it documents my oldest daughter finally saying something.  Both my girls are autistic & nonverbal, so language is a huge obstacle in our house.  She now will say "song" every time we're in the car, so I gladly play her favorite songs.  And I will continue to do it as long as she tells me to :)

I wanted to focus on those cute speech bubbles, so I decided to create a big one to hold all the stickers & die cuts.  I cut a big one from white cardstock and covered it with clear gesso.  I used the Liquid Watercolors to color the edges of the speech bubble.  I used a few blues & greens to do that.  I wanted to leave the middle white so all of the bits & pieces would pop.  I used a big chunk of the green ombre striped paper and adhered that to some white cardstock.  I used white gesso on the top and bottom areas and then used the Liquid Watercolors again to add some green and blue. 


I knew that SONG must be my title, and I used the Adore Alpha Stamps & Dies to create it.  I used the Coral Reef Mini Ink Cube, which was the perfect color to match this collection.  I went through all the embellishments...stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts and acetate speech bubbles and arranged them all over the speech bubble.  I added adhesive foam behind most of them to create shadowing & dimension.


I machine stitched around the edge of the speech bubble using a dark blue thread for an extra pop of color & texture.  I also popped the whole thing up with more adhesive foam and tucked some thread under the edge here.


I used a black Sharpie to write my journaling, which explains how amazing it was to hear Reese finally give a command.  We listen to the same songs every day...on the way to school and on the way home.  They drive me nuts, but I don't care.  As long as she talks to me, I will do what she wants :)


It was fun to mix and match all these bits & pieces and work them together like a puzzle.  Shout out to Jen Schow, who is the queen of nestling embellishments like this.  She inspires me to do more of this!


Aren't these images the cutest?  I love this collection because it's very versatile.  There are so many cute sayings and trendy images, like thumbs up and text messages.  Lots of fun things for any theme!


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)



I truly love how this turned out.  Sometimes layouts mean more to me than others, and this one is very special.  This collection completely inspired me to scrap this event, and I had lots of fun putting it together.  I hope this gives you some ideas to try for your next page.

Be sure to keep an eye on the Pinkfresh Studio Store for the new collections!

I have a process video for this layout HERE, so go check it out!

Thanks, and have a wonderful week :)

1 comment: