Monday, January 6, 2020

January Challenge / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope 2020 is off to a great start for you.  I'm sharing the January Challenge over at Pinkfresh Studio.  You can find it HERE.  You can pick any Challenge from 2019 to create a project from.  I chose the May 2019 Challenge, which was a gorgeous rainbow color scheme and the rules "Anything Goes."  I pulled out a variety of 2019 collections...Out & About, Joyful Day & Everyday Musings.

I started by tearing a big strip of this Out & About striped patterned paper.  I wanted it to be a big statement piece, so I glued it to some thick white cardstock.  I added some clear gesso to the cardstock to prepare it for some watercolor.  I used several of the Liquid Watercolors to create the watercolor effect.  I mixed and matched a few colors to get the perfect shades to match the striped paper.


I used a variety of embellishments.  I wanted this to be a fun and whimsical layout, so I used flowers that I fussy cut from paper, puffy stickers, die cuts, and stamps.  I kind of just stacked the embellishments in a crooked line under the photo and along the line of the patterned paper.


I wanted something light here at the bottom, so I used some of the white Puffy Alpha Stickers from Just a Little Lovely.  I added another Joyful Day flower here, which I popped up using adhesive foam.


I layered a few stickers above the photo and then doodled around the edges using a black pen.


To add some fun to the left side of the page, I created some fun little half-circle banners.  These are super easy to make.  I used a circle punch and then cut each circle in half.  Then I lightly glued them down and then machine stitched through them.  Instant cute banner!


I created a cluster of goodies here...more images I fussy cut from paper, a few puffy stickers and this cute title die cut.  I also used a scripty puffy alpha sticker on top of the photo from Just a Little Lovely.  I love mixing and matching collections like this!


Here you can see the dimension.  I love having things stand up off the page, and that's easy to create with adhesive foam.


Here's a look at the pretty watercolors.


A few more close-ups of all the beautiful colors :)



I hope you will play along with us this month!  As always, your layout could win you a $50 Gift Card to the Pinkfresh Studio Store!  And trust me...there are some new AMAZING collections coming soon, so you'll want to shop your heart out.  So come play with this challenge!

I hope this inspires you in some way... I love how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment