Thursday, January 30, 2020

Love / Shimmerz Paints

Happy Thursday, friends!  Today I'm here with a new layout for the Shimmerz Paints Education Team featuring lots of beautiful Shimmerz.  I wanted to use lots of pink and red shades for Valentine's Day, and as I went I wound up adding in some orange and blue shades.  I began this layout with the Heart Swirls cut file by Paige Evans.  I welded three hearts together on white cardstock and did all my Shimmerz work behind it.

The colors I used on this page are:
I used smooth white cardstock as my base, and I coated most of it with clear gesso first.  I began with the Gosh Garnet.  It sounds red, but it's actually a very deep reddish pink with a gorgeous gold shimmer.  I added some paint to the background, spritzed it with water and used a brush to help spread the paint around.  I mixed in some Lover's Lips, Gold & Roses and Hot Stuff to get lots of red & pink shades.  I wanted to leaf the cut file white so it would show against the colors.


I sorted through some patterned papers from my stash and found two floral sheets.  I cut the big flowers from a Kaiser Craft sheet and the smaller pink ones from a Vicki Boutin paper.  The larger flowers had orange in them so that inspired me to add some orange to my background.  I layered some of these flowers on top of my photo as well as under it.  I felt I need to add a pop of a contrasting color, so that's where the blue came in.


I used Peachy Keen and Pumpkin with a hint of Wed Wagon to create some orange areas.  I felt like the bigger flowers looked more at home with these few colors on the background.  Once I decided to add in the blue, I splattered a bit of Jeni B Bleu, which was the perfect matching shade.


Here you can see the amazing gold shimmer from the Gosh Garnet.  You can see it even better up close in the process video!  I added some more blue pops with some thread here.  I went very simple with the title and used a Me & My Big Ideas sticker, which I stuck to some white cardstock and then cut out.


Oranges & pinks together...yesssss!  I love it.  I also used a few Shimmerz Dotz.  There are a ton of Dotz available in the store.


Sometimes I love backing a cut file with papers and sometimes I like to just leave it as is and let the background show through it.  Shimmerz are perfect for creating that background :)


Here are a few more close-ups of all the gorgeous colors & details.





I hope this inspires you to create a fun layout for February.  I love using hearts and flowers, and I definitely love pinks!  If you don't have any of these colors, I highly recommend them!  Be sure to check out my process video to see these colors in action.  Go HERE to see it :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment