Saturday, December 7, 2019

Santa Baby / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend, friends :)  Here's my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 November Hip Kits & December Documented Kits.  I wanted to start with one of the exclusive cut files for this month, so I used a few of the patterned papers, a bit of pink cardstock and some of the gold dotted vellum to back the words.  I cut the design on white cardstock, and I decided to add some silver to the snowflake and "baby."  I used the Nuvo Glimmer, and that stuff is AMAZING!

I used an exclusive patterned paper as my background, and I coated a lot of it with white gesso.  I added lots of the Lindy's Magical Powders from the Color Kit to create lots of red and pink.  I also used some blues from previous Color Kits.  I decided to use both metallic silver and gold on this page, and I love it :)


Look at this silver glittery shimmery goodness!  I just smudged this on with my finger.  It's very easy to use.  This Nuvo Paste is in the December Documented Kit.  You can see my adhesive foam that I added behind the cut file to pop it up off the page.  One of my favorite things...dimension!


I sprinkled the red and pink powders onto the paper, spritzed it with water and then let them run and spread.  I waited for them to dry and then came in with the blues.  I used the Jen Hafield Gold Glitter Spray to add the gold splatters.  It's identical to Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine...get some now!  I added more of the silver Nuvo Paste to these die cut snowflakes, and I also added some red and pink tangled thread here on the side of the photo.


I always thought that I'd only use silver OR gold on a page, but here I am being a rule breaker...haha!  I like them together.


Here I embossed one of the wood veneer die cuts with the Moxy Embossing Powder.  It's magical watching the heat gun melt the powder...it gets so metallic in seconds.


I used a few of the exclusive puffy stickers and cardstock stickers in a few places.




I used a Pocket Life card as a layer behind my photo.  I embellished around it with some of the puffy stickers and leatherette stickers.  I didn't want to use any green on this page, so I tried to use lots of the pink and aqua pieces.


And one more :)


I hope this inspires you today...these kits are overflowing with holiday goodness!  It's so hard to pick and choose what to use each time.

My YouTube channel is still down....boooooo.  However, I am still able to upload to the Hip Kit Club Channel, so there is a video for this page over there!  Go HERE to see it :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I feel better now, i thought you had vanished from youtube. Glad I found you on here and will be happy when you are back on!

    ReplyDelete