Friday, December 13, 2019

Christmas Wonder / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 November Hip Kits & December Documented Kits.  I used lots of mixed media and one of this month’s exclusive cut files designed by Anett.  I began by cutting the wreath on white cardstock.  I chose a sheet of the Powder Blue cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I added a lot of white gesso behind where the wreath is.  I used a lot of the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Squirts  and Sprays along with some blue and green gelatos to create all that beautiful watercolor.  I will say this layout was hard to photograph…I wanted all the gold to shine, but it was difficult to catch all of it in the right lighting.  Hopefully this is a good shot of it!


I used lots of the exclusive embellishments around the photo.  I tucked in some die cuts, puffy stickers, chipboard stickers and wooden die cuts as well as a few pieces from Pretty Little Studio.  I added some adhesive foam behind a lot of the pieces to create some dimension.  I also tucked in some coordinating colors of tangled thread in a few places.


I’ve really enjoyed embossing on my layouts this month!  I used the gold Moxy Embossing Powder on this, and I just love how it shines.


I decided to use lots of colors on this page, so I added some cute bits here in red, green, turquoise and even orange.  I mixed some red and pink thread together here to add a pop of that color down on the bottom part of the page.


For these hearts, I hand cut a few from some of the white packaging.  I coated them with gesso and then used the red and pink Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Powders in the Color Kit on them.  Once they dried, I used one of the snowflake stencils with some of the embossing powder.  I couldn’t stop making gold things!


I machine stitched through each circle of the wreath for some added texture and shine.


I pulled some other Lindy’s colors from past Color Kits to add some splatters.  I also used the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray…it’s amazing!


Here are a few more shots of all the details!




I surely hope this inspires you in some way!  I am really loving these kits…especially all the metallic elements.  I do have a process video for this over on the Hip Kit YouTube channel!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment