Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Merry Christmas / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday!  Here's another new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 November Hip Kits & December Documented Kits.  I started this page with a few of the exclusive cut files.  I cut the "Merry Christmas" on some light pink cardstock and the two snowflakes on white cardstock.  I used smooth thick white cardstock as my base, and I added lots of mixed media to it. 

I coated most of it with clear gesso first and then used the small star stencil with some modeling paste to create lots of starry texture.  Once that dried, I used the Nuvo Shimmer Powder & Lindy's Magical Shaker Powders to create all the pinks and reds. 


I wanted to keep everything towards the center of the page, so I tucked the photo under the Merry Christmas cut file and the snowflakes under the photo.  I wanted to use some of the light periwinkle blue elements and a little bit of green, so I pulled out some die cut trees, chipboard stickers and stickers to tuck in here and there.  I also wanted lots of snowflakes around the photo, so I used a lot of the exclusive acetate pieces.


I added in a few more stickers here down at the bottom.  The "sparkle" sticker is from Pinkfresh Studio, but the rest are from the exclusive sticker sheets.


I wanted to add some sparkle to the Merry Christmas cut file, so I smudged some white gesso on it first.  I used my finger to smudge on some of the silver Nuvo Glimmer Paste and then dabbed a bit of the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray.  I love how festive it turned out!


To add even more sparkle and shimmer, I used the silver Nuvo Paste again on some of the wooden star die cuts.   That stuff is so easy to apply!  And the shimmer and texture is off the charts!


I did add in some pink, green and blue thread around the photo for some added color and texture.  Here's a good look at the little stars on the background from the stencil and modeling paste.



Here are a few more close-ups of all the details!

sdfg


I love how this turned out!  I hope it inspires you in some way.  I have loved these kits, but I just received my December Kits....woo hoo!  Be on the lookout for a layout with those coming soon!

Go HERE to see the process video for this page :)

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment