Monday, December 9, 2019

Holly Jolly / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  Although my YouTube channel is STILL down, I do have a video of this one up on the Pinkfresh Studio Channel...yay! 

I used lots of Pinkfresh Studio goodies on this...the Home For the Holidays collection, the Pine Bough Square Cut File, the Liquid Watercolors & the new Ink Cubes.  I began this page with the cut file.  I cut it on white cardstock twice.  I left one white and used the mini Ink Cubes to color the other one.  The Ink Cubes are awesome for using as watercolor, and it's really easy to do.  I just stamped the cubes onto some plastic, added water and then used a brush. I decided to layer the plain white cut file under the one I colored, and I just love the texture and dimension that created.

I used the Liquid Watercolors on the background.  I covered the white smooth cardstock base with clear gesso first and then used some plastic packaging as well as a brush to apply the color.  I also stamped a bit on the background.  I used some leaf stamps from the Abstract Builder Stamp Set.


I used a mix of red and pink to color the berries, a few brown shades for the stems, and a couple of green shades for the sprigs.  I did add gesso to the cut file first...this made the painting go a lot easier, and the colors blended together a lot easier.  My photo here had a lot of open space on the right side, so it was the perfect area to overlap the berries.


I went simple with the title.  I used the white puffy alphas from this collection and hugged them tight to the photos.  I machine stitched through them using white thread.  I used a silver metallic pen to write my journaling.


I tucked in a few die cuts on the left side of the other photo as well as a bit of patterned paper as a layer.  I wanted to pull in a bit more of the darker navy blue, so I tucked in some tangled thread in a few places.


I love working with leaves and sprigs like this...they are just made for dimension.  I only added glue to a few spots here so everything would bend and stand up off the page.  You can also see a cute little blue puffy bird sticker that I tucked in there.


I added a dark blue "joy" sticker here at the top as well as more puffy alphas and blue thread.


I took a lot of detail shots, so here are all the fun angles of the dimension and texture.





I love how this turned out!  I hope it gives you some fun ideas to try.  How often do you begin your pages with a cut file?  This one determined how the entire design played out.  I love using large cut files like this because it pretty much just gives you a space for your photos.  The rest is embellishing.

Be sure to check out my process video HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment