Thursday, November 14, 2019

Together / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  My YouTube channel is still down.  The hacking saga continues...ugh.  Google is still working on it.  I'm trying to hang in there and be positive, so please bear with me through this!

Here is my newest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 October Hip Kits.  There is a video for this one over on the Hip Kit YouTube channel.  I used a few of the Pretty Little Studio patterned papers from the Main Kit as my background.  I faded out a lot of the black dots using a lot of white gesso.  I wanted them visible but more subtle.  Since the top paper had so much pink, I wanted a contrasting color down below.  I used a few of the blue Lindy's Starburst sprays from previous Color Kits. 


I created a few leaf clusters around the photo and below it.  I combined some of the die cut leaves with some smaller ones that I fussy cut from a Truly Grateful paper.  Some of the bigger leaves here are the white ones, and I colored them using the Lindy's Starburst sprays.  You can see the pretty shimmer on the pink one!  I added some detail by machine stitching through the centers of a few of the leaves.


I added more leaves down on the blue section, and I just love this color scheme.  I used one of the white die cut words as my title, and I just left it white so it would stand out against all the color.  I added my journaling under it along with a secondary smaller title.


Do you ever tear or rip your papers like this?  I love doing it...it gives you immediate dimension and texture!


I added a bit of hot pink thread here...it's very subtle but adds some fun detail.  I also added that cute pink apple puffy sticker.  Here you can see more of the beautiful shimmer from the sprays on those leaves.


I just had to use that adorable chipboard fox/skunk critter...I love how she wraps around the photo here on the side.  I tucked in more leaves behind her.


To add some more interest to my top paper, I smudged some white gesso behind the photos.  To add the white splatters, I just watered down some acrylic paint and used a brush to flick it around.  I wanted to add small pops of the light blue from the bottom, so I did that by using a light blue Pocket Life card as a layer and by using this cute puffy sticker.


More details...




To get these small blue leaves, I used an old Martha Stewart punch.  The blue paper is from one of the Amy Tangerine papers.




I hope this inspires you in some way today.  I love how it turned out!  I will continue to keep you posted on my YouTube debacle...

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment