Sunday, November 3, 2019

Thankful / Pinkfresh Studio November Challenge

Happy Sunday, friends!  The Pinkfresh Studio November Challenge is up, and I have it here to share with you :)  It has a gorgeous color scheme that coordinates with the Just a Little Lovely collection, and the theme is THANKFUL.  I hope you'll check it out and join us! There are prizes to win, as always :)


Here is the layout I created based on the color scheme.  I began this page with the Painted Florals Washi Tape.  It is so gorgeous, and there are matching dies, too!  I rolled the tape onto some white cardstock and then used the dies to cut them out.  This instantly created some large die cuts that I could move around the page.  There are big clusters like I used here, but there are also a lot of smaller clusters as well as a wreath. 

Everything I used is from the Just a Little Lovely collection, and I tore one of the patterned papers to use on my background.  I love tearing paper because it gives you easy dimension along the torn edges.  I stuck it to some smooth white cardstock and then coated a lot of the the background with clear gesso.  I wanted to incorporate some stamps from the Abstract Builder Stamp Set, so I used the large geometric frame shape on this page.  I used some of the NEW Pinkfresh Studio Ink Pads to stamp it onto some scrap white cardstock.  I cut them out and used them as die cuts behind my photo and flowers.


I love that these washi tape flowers look watercolored.  I  cut two of the large flower clusters to layer behind my photo.  I layered four of the stamped wonky frames behind my photo.  I tucked in some matching colors of tangled thread as well, and I used one of the puffy alpha word stickers as one of my titles.


I used the white puffy alphas to create another subtle title here at the bottom.  I like the white-on-white here.  You can still see it, but it's not something that's going to stand out and take away from the rest of the page.  I used my metallic gold pen to write my journaling.


To create all the watercolor effects on the background, I used the Ink Pads.  I stamped them on to some plastic packaging, added water and then smooshed the plastic onto the page.  I also used my brush to spread the color around.  I used the following Ink Pad colors:

  • Regal Kiss
  • Ocean Breeze
  • Ballet Slipper
  • Peach Fuzz
  • Marigold
  • Storm
 I love to experiment by using the Ink Pads in different ways.  One thing I did notice was that some of the colors did change when I used them as watercolor vs. when I stamped them directly down.  It was really cool to see how that happened.  You can get so many different colors using them this way!


One of the colors in the challenge is metallic gold, so I did pull out a metallic gold ink pad from my stash.  I used some of the leafy stamps from Abstract Builder to add subtle hints around the page.


One of the last things I did was add some gold splatters.  I did that by watering down some metallic gold acrylic paint.  Just dip your brush into it and flick it around :)


Here are some more close-ups of all the fun details, textures and dimension!


One more thing I did here...This "you" sticker had orange on the top part.  I wanted to change that color since I didn't have any orange on this page.  I simply smudged some white gesso over the orange part, let it dry and then used the pink Ink Pads to add hints of pink.



I did add adhesive foam behind the photo and the floral clusters to raise them off the page.  It makes such a huge difference!


I hope this inspires you to play along with us this month!  Go HERE to check it out.  You could win a $50 Gift Card...woo hoo!!

Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment