Thursday, November 7, 2019

She Loves Leaves / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  Just popping in today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I created this using the 2019 October Hip Kits.  These kits are full of beautiful Fall leaves, and I've already used a lot of them on previous pages.  I decided to create my own leaves by fussy cutting them from patterned paper.  All these leaves were cut from those adorable trees from Truly Grateful Paper 07 by Paige Evans.  This is just a fun new way to use that paper if you've already used the trees and want to try something different!

These cute photos of my daughter were perfect for this...an believe it or not, these photos were taken in May...haha.  Here in Florida, we don't really get a true Fall season, so I made it work for me :)  I used a Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper as my background.  I cut one of the exclusive cut files (Leaf Rows) and used it as a stencil on the background.


I scraped modeling paste over the stencil using a palette knife and let it dry.  It makes some amazing texture!  I used all three colors of Lindy's Starburst Sprays from the Color Kit over the paste.  I sprayed the colors down, spritzed it with a bit of water and let it spread around and blend.  I didn't want to get too crazy with the background colors because the leaves were so colorful.  I created some more dimension by adding some adhesive foam behind some of the leaves.


After I arranged the leaves in a "falling" pattern, I decided to add a few more.  I pulled out a very old Martha Stewart leaf punch and punched some leaves from white cardstock.  I used the Lindy's Glittering Gold Magical Powder from a previous Color Kit to color them metallic gold.  They turned out so pretty!  I sprinkled those around the page.


I love this texture!


I went light on the embellishments since the leaves were the star of the layout.  With all that pattern and color, the page didn't need much more.  I did add a few colors of tangled thread in a few places.


I went simple with the title.  I mixed and matched some of the puffy alphas with the puffy words here.  I just had to use the word "leaves."  It was meant to be :)  I did add glue behind the smaller alphas since I had used so much paste and gesso.


More close-ups of all the details :)



I fussy cut this "beautiful" from a Pocket Life card...I love the pop of this green color here, and it gave me a nice spot to add my journaling.



I hope this inspires you to try something new...like cutting leaves from trees :)  Always take a second look at your patterned papers.  There is no rule saying that you MUST use the images as they are. 
Don't be afraid to cut things up or change their shape or color.  Just go for it!

Here's my process video if you're interested:



Thanks so much for visiting me today!  See you soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment