Friday, November 1, 2019

Halloween / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, friends!  I have a new Halloween layout to share for Hip Kit Club today.  I used the 2019 October Hip Kits as well as one of the exclusive cut files available on the website.  There are tons of purples and oranges in the kits this month, and those are my favorite Halloween colors!  I added in some hot pink and light blue as well.

I used some of the gorgeous deep purple Velvet cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background, and I added lots of the Lindy's Starburst Sprays from the Color Kit on it.  I first cut the Boo cut file on an Amy Tangerine black patterned paper and decided where I wanted it to go.  I then smudged a lot of white gesso down on the cardstock behind where the cut file would be.  I let it dry and then started adding the sprays.  The colors are very rich and bold, but when they dried on the gesso, they dried significantly lighter.  I wound up having to add several layers to achieve the colors I wanted, and I love how it came out!  I also used a pink gelato to finish it off.


I am in awe of these gorgeous colors on this purple background...just wow!  I did add some white splatters...it's just watered down white acrylic paint.  I also mixed in some of the Lindy's Magical Powder with the white paint to make light blue splatters.  That powder was from an older Color Kit.  Here you can see lots of layers behind the photo.  I used a few patterned papers for that.  I used lots of the exclusive leaves in the kits to embellish around the photo....some acetate and some vellum.  I also make some of my own leaves by stamping them.  The stamps are exclusive this month!


I did a lot of fussy cutting here.  I cut flowers from one of the Paige Evans papers and paired them with some of the exclusive floral stickers.  I didn't add the light blue until the end, and I just love the light pop of color it gives.  I also used an old Martha Stewart leaf punch with some light blue paper.  I used one of the exclusive puffy word stickers for my simple title.


How cool are those acetate leaves?  They are colored, but they can easily change depending on what you put behind it.  If you want them to be true to color, back them with white paper before you use them.  I like how they look here with the purple behind them.  I made the cut file dimensional by adding some adhesive foam behind it.  You can see the shadowing here...I love it!  I tucked some light blue thread under it.


To make this black cut file stand out a bit more, I added some white paint around the edges.  I love how something that simple makes such a big impact.  I also wrinkled up the edges of some of the die cut leaves for more texture.


This purple color is just sooooo pretty!  I took so many pictures of it...haha :D


I fussy cut this floral circle element from a Pocket Life card and tucked it in behind the corner of the photo.


More details...

 

I am completely in love with this page...it was so fun to make!  I love these colors together.  Have you made any Halloween pages with your October Kits yet?  Lots of great colors for it!

Here's my video sharing exactly how I made this page:



Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoy watching your process videos and the way you create your backgrounds. Love that cut file and the tiny strips of orange top and bottom are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete