Tuesday, September 24, 2019

You & Me / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  Happy Tuesday :)  I have a new monochromatic layout to share today for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring Paige’s Butterfly Border cut file and lots of the Truly Grateful collection. I love the challenge of limiting my color palette and this collection has so many pink and purple shades. I chose several patterned papers from Truly Grateful and backed all the butterflies in the cut file. I used all the pinks and purples I could find to get lots of lights and darks. I used Paper 23 for the background. Those ombre stripes were a perfect match!


I wanted to add lots of pink and purple watercolors to the background, so I first coated the area behind the cut file with white gesso. I used a palette knife and my fingers to smudge it around. Once it dried, I used several pink and purple Shimmerz sprays to add color. I sprayed them directly onto the paper, spritzed a little water on it, and used a brush to help spread the color. I love how it looked once I placed the cut file over it. I wanted to create a little more dimension, so I cut the butterflies again using vellum. I placed a few of them on top of the cut file and added sequins from the Mixed Embellishments.


I chose a few die cuts in matching colors from the Floral Die Cuts to create a cluster on the other side of the photos. I also added a pink Wooden Button and a few more sequins. I went simple with the title and used Thickers.


To add even more color and texture around the page, I layered in various colors of tangled thread under the cut file. I also attached a few small vellum butterflies beside the cut file in a few places. I used a fine tip black Sharpie to write my journaling under the photo. This was a pretty easy layout so create once I had the cut file finished. One of the fun things about creating a monochromatic layout is it limits what papers and embellishments to use. Once those pieces are chosen, it’s just a matter of finding a place for them.


I love the Truly Grateful Thickers!  I stuck with my color scheme here and overlapped some of the letters right below the photos.


I never get tired of dimension on layouts.  Just by adding a little bit of dimensional adhesive under the cut file makes such a significant difference.  It makes it a lot easier to tuck things like thread under the shapes.  The shadow effects are the best!


Have you used the Truly Grateful sequins on any projects yet?  They are the prettiest pinks and reds...perfect for this page.  I added some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine to create a bit of shine as well.


More close-ups....because you know I take too many :D








Have you ever tried a monochromatic layout?  It's a really fun challenge, especially with this collection.  There are lots of color possibilities :)  I have a process video....yay!



Thanks soooo much for stopping by!  See you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment