Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Sunshine Girl / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun mixed media layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 August Hip Kits.  I have been wanting to use some of the Pretty Little Studio frames as a background design element, so I did that on this page.  I glued them down in a vertical fashion all along the left side of some white cardstock.  I coated most of the page with white gesso to soften up some of the frames.  Once that dried, I used several colors of the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Powders from the Color Kit to create some pink, yellow and blue watercolor areas.


Once I had the vertical background done, I wanted the embellishments to go horizontal across the page.  I used lots of flowers from the Paige Evans Truly Grateful collection (stickers and die cuts) as well as more of the Pretty Little Studio frames.  I layered some papers behind my photo as well as some thread.


I love how textured the frames turned out with all the gesso and liquids.  I also used a few of the Pretty Little Studio clear stickers in a few places for extra pops of color.  Here you can also see that I used some of the PLS plaid packaging as a layer behind the photo as well.


More thread over on this side…this time hot pink.


I mixed and matched my title using one of the large Truly Grateful Epoxy Sticker words and some of the matching Thickers.  I used a few more flowers here and some of the Truly Grateful sentiment stickers.


I created a cluster over on the far right side using part of a frame, more flowers and leaves and some more pink thread.  All those little dots are from the Epoxy Sticker sheet.


Here you can see all the dimension from the flowers and the texture from the thread.


I added another Pretty Little Studio sticker under the photo and then wrote my journaling down below using a black Sharpie.


Here are a few more close-ups of the background with the frames and mixed media.  I like that it’s a little bumpy and imperfect!



I hope this inspires you to try something fun with those frames!  They make a great background design.  I do have a process video here, so check it out if you’d like to see exactly how this layout came together.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment