Thursday, September 19, 2019

My Heart / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the new 2019 September Hip Kits!  I know I say this every month, but they are SO gorgeous!  The new Dear Lizzy She's Magic collection is beautiful, and we get a lot of that this time around. 

To start this page, I began with a bright diagonal striped Dear Lizzy paper.  I went punch crazy and punched lots of different sized squares.  I decided to create a vertical design with the squares and layered them in the center of the background paper.  I went with a light blue cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my base.  I coated a lot of the center area with white gesso first and let it dry.  I pulled out some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Powders to add color on top of the gesso.  I used several pinks from previous Color Kits as well as the new Cocklebells Coral from this month's Color Kit.


Once the color was dry on the background, I arranged the squares like I wanted them.  I glued them down and then wanted to add some gold.  I machine stitched in a small zig zag pattern matching the diagonal patterns on the squares.  I popped up some of the squares using adhesive foam.  I added some Dear Lizzy heart stickers, some Truly Grateful puffy dot stickers, and some Pinkfresh Studio light blue enamel dots around the page.


I fussy cut these flowers from another Dear Lizzy paper, and they are gorgeous!  I layered them around the photo and then tucked in another floral Dear Lizzy sticker.  I also did some embossing.  I used a few of the Dear Lizzy stamps.  I stamped them on vellum and then used gold embossing powder.  I fussy cut them out and used them as little embellishments around the page.  I love the pop of gold they give!


I added in a few more leaf die cuts from the Pretty Little Studio die cut pack.  This fun flair button is also from Pretty Little Studio, and it matches perfectly.


I love how messy and imperfect the embossed hearts turned out.  Vellum is so fun because it's subtle, but it also makes a statement.  Here you can also see more stamping...I used one of the exclusive stamps that looks like stitching here.  I used a gold ink pad from my stash.  The gold splatters I added are from the Lindy's Glittering Gold Powder from this month's Color Kit.


This gold shimmery goodness never gets old!  Always so pretty :)


I went small with my title.  I used some of the Truly Grateful puffy word stickers.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)





I had a lot of fun making this...I hope it inspires you in some way!  Have you gotten your September Kits yet?  You will be in awe of all the gorgeousness!

Here's my process video if you're interested...



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment