Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sunny Snapshot / Citrus Twist Kits Guest Designer

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I am excited to be the April Guest Designer for Citrus Twist Kits!  I was featured on their blog yesterday HERE, and I created this layout using mostly the April Scrapbooking Add-On Kit

This kit is full of the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Sunny Days collection, and I was inspired by the three washi tapes that come in the kit.  I decided to create a circle design, so I adhered all three tapes to some white cardstock and then punched different sized circles out of it.  I also punched a few of the patterned papers in the kit, including one from Vicki Boutin and one from Paige Evans.


Punching circles is really easy, and you can use lots of papers to get a variety of colors & patterns on your page.  I machine stitched through some of the circles to add more detail and texture.  I also fussy cut some pink flowers from a Maggie Holmes paper and used them around the layout.


I layered some 3x4 cards and some Sunny Days embellishments under the photo as well as some white tissue paper.  I tucked in more orange and green die cuts under the right side of the photo as well as a leafy puffy sticker.  This "Less fluff" piece is from the Life Crafted Make it a Venti Kit, and it's an exclusive die cut.  I also used a few of the exclusive stamps.


I fussy cut "Snapshot" from another Maggie Holmes paper and tucked the letters behind the photo.  They are so large that it's still easy to read what it says.  I added "sunny" to complete the title.  I actually cut out a lot more of these big letters in the beginning to create a really long title, but ideas changed and my layout evolved into something different :)


So for the background I used another Maggie Holmes paper.  It's light pink, so I added some white gesso to it to prepare it for some spray inks.  I used a few different shades of pink Shimmerz Paints sprays to create a darker pink watercolor wash.  I also added some gold splatters and a bit of blue.


Here are a few more detailed shots of all the fun bits and pieces!




I did trim this paper down so the yellow trim was smaller.  I took a sheet of white cardstock and pained the edges a light blue color using acrylic paint.  I love the contrast of the colors!  That is the blue that I watered down to splatter onto the page.


I hope this inspires you in some way!  It was really fun creating with these kits, and I hope you'll check them out!  I do have a process video here if you'd like to see how this all came together.



Thank you to Trina, Nathalie and Emma for having me as a guest!  I had a lot of fun!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment