Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Sunkissed Birthday / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  Today I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club.  This is my third page using the 2019 March Hip Kits, and I used all the goodies to create a birthday themed project.  Even though this looks like a typical photo, it was taken on my daughter's birthday, so it counts!  I was first inspired by the beautiful Parasol paper from Crate Paper.  I fussy cut them out and decided to scatter them around the background.  I used thick white cardstock as my background, and I coated a lot of it with white gesso after gluing down the circles.  I pulled out the Color Kit and used some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays to add some blue and pink on the background.  I used some plastic packaging mostly.  I also pulled the Shimmerz Mustard Seed from an older Color Kit to add some yellow.


I wanted to mute the colors of the rainbows, so the gesso did that.  It lightened them up a little.  I added the ink sprays right over them.  I created a cluster in the lower right corner for the title area.  I sprayed one of the small doilies from the Color Kit with the Mustard Seed and used that as a base.  The background circles were a little busy to add the title to, so the yellow base helps them stand out and makes them easily readable.  I added a cute camera die cut from the Main Kit and a butterfly that I fussy cut from a Pocket Life card.  The gold scallops are actually the washi tape from the Embellishment Kit.  I stuck it to some white cardstock and smudged white gesso over it to dull the shine a bit and then cut it out.


I layered some Heidi Swapp paper, a few Pocket Life cards and a frame die cut under the photo to create some layers.  I also tucked in another sprayed doily, a ticket-shaped die cut and some fussy cut flowers.


More goodies tucked in under the photo...an exclusive floral puffy sticker, a Crate Paper sticker and another fussy cut butterfly.


Another butterfly :)  I added a bit of the pink spray ink on this one to add some shimmer.  I also decided to add some gold splatters, so I used the Shimmerz Miner Miner 49er from an older Color Kit.


Can you spot the disaster here?  Yes...I accidentally splattered pink ink right onto my photo.  I didn't even notice it until the next day.  I decided to just go with it and not reprint my photo.  Thank goodness it didn't get on her face...haha.  I added this big Heidi Swapp vellum circle on top of the photo to cover up something busy in the background.  The pool rails were a bit distracting, so problem solved by adding this!  (Which also got some unintentional splatters on it....)


More fun close-ups...


I made sure the BIRTHDAY Thickers were glued down, and then I smudged some white gesso over them to soften up the colors.  Then I machine stitched through them for some added texture and detail with gold thread.  I love how this cluster turned out.


One more!


I hope this gives you some fun ideas and inspiration to create something awesome with your March Hip Kits!  My tip of the day:  cover up your photos before shaking and splattering with spray ink...haha!  Lesson learned (again.....haha)

Here's my process video:



Thank you sooooo much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment