Thursday, April 11, 2019

Fabulous & Fancy / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Pinkfresh Studio featuring the Joyful Day collection and the Liquid Watercolors.  I love the bright and fun colors in this line!  For this layout, I was inspired by the Perfect Moment paper and all those fun frames.  I fussy cut them out and arranged them in a layered design under a torn piece of the Big Ideas paper.  I scrapped two fun photos of me and my daughter using a funny Snapchat filter, and that pretty periwinkle blue color is a great contrast for them.


I love how these frames look layered on top of each other.  I embellished around my photos using stickers, puffy stickers and a cute fabric banner.  I also added a few more pops of color with some tangled thread.


Before I began embellishing, I coated my background cardstock with white gesso.  I even went over some of the frames and a little bit at the top on the blue paper.  I used the Liquid Watercolors to create a pretty watercolor effect down on the bottom half of the page.  I used lots of blues and pinks, and I also added some gold ink splatters.  I used some of the puffy word stickers and alphas for my title.  Here you can also see where I added more stickers and mixed embellishments.


Looking back, I should've applied the gesso before adhering all the little frames, but I didn't.  I wound up putting gesso over the frames a little bit but in the end you can't really tell.  I love how the edges curl up and make it more dimensional.


I love seeing all the layers from the side angle.  I'm a firm believer in dimension and using adhesive foam!  It just really makes everything pop off the page.


Do you ever add mixed media to your layouts?  I really love creating my own backgrounds, and the Liquid Watercolors are so fun to play with.


I created a small cluster beneath the title using another fussy cut frame, and a few bows.


I had a great time layering all these bits and pieces together, and it was hard to not use everything on this one page because it all coordinated so perfectly.


I used a few of the chipboard frames as dimensional layers behind my photos.  I finished off the embellishing with more stickers, die cuts, puffy stickers and enamel dots...all from the Joyful Day collection.


One last close-up of the cute fabric banner!


I hope this inspires you to create something fun and bright with the Joyful Day collection!  It's a great line that is very versatile...it goes with all those great everyday photos, which are my favorite :)

Be sure to check out the Pinkfresh Studio YouTube channel to see this process video.  It will be on my channel soon :)

Have a great day, and thanks for checking in with me!

1 comment:

  1. The buy snapchat filter I purchased from Geofilter Studio for my sister's bridal shower is just perfect! The whole team at Geofilter Studio was very kind and competent throughout. The photo filter was a huge hit with the guests and perfectly complemented the event's theme. In my opinion, Geofilter Studio is the way to go for those who want their special occasions to stand out.

    ReplyDelete