Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, friends!  I have a fun and bright Easter layout to share today for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2019 April Hip Kits and the exclusive spring wreath cut file for my page.  I began by cutting the wreath on white cardstock.  I decided to leave it white and layer lots of the Paige Evans Horizon Floral Die Cuts on top of it.  I fussy cut a big flower cluster from a Shimelle Sparkle City paper (Main Kit) for the bottom of the wreath, and then went around and tucked in other flowers in various spots.

I also used a purple Sparkle City patterned paper as my background.  It matches my daughter's pants perfectly!  I did do lot of messy mixed media on it.  I used a big dry brush to create a big circle using white gesso.  It did look like a hot mess at first...haha!  (You can watch how I made it in my process video down below).  I used the Lindy's Gang Magical Powders from the Color Kit as well as the Starbursts Sprays from last month to create some pink and blue variations against the purple.  I also pulled in a few pink Shimmerz Paints sprays from past Color Kits.


I love that this wreath has little eggs in it!  I backed them with patterned papers.  I also used the O's from the exclusive acetate alpha set.  They make great eggs!  I punched a few extra flowers using an old punch from my stash and some papers from the kit.  To add more texture and color I tucked in some tangled thread in a few places as well.


Just look at these gorgeous flowers!  Paige Evans outdid herself with this Horizon collection.  These were so fun to layer up on this wreath.  Some of the bigger die cuts have a white border around them, and I just trimmed that off so it would match the smaller die cuts.  I also tucked in some of the exclusive puffy stickers inside the floral clusters.


I layered some white tissue paper and a blue Pocket Life card behind my photo and added some Horizon chipboard leaves under it.  I also tucked in some thread and added a puffy sticker on top of the photo here.


I decided to use a white pen for my journaling.  I love how it stands out against the purple background, and it keeps the layout light and bright.  I fussy cut "happy" from a Horizon paper and combined it with some of the navy blue exclusive puffy alphas.  Sometimes I love a short and simple title like this.  Here are a few more of the Os turned eggs.  Since they are transparent, I backed them with white cardstock first.


This orange and pink piece under the right side of the photo is a Pocket Life card that I cut up.  And here are more Horizon flowers on top of the photo.


A few more close-ups of all the beautiful floral goodness!



I hope this layout sparks some ideas for your next page!  I had fun making this...even though I doubted my background as I was making it...haha!  These April Kits are gorgeous, and the colors just make me gasp!

Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping by, my friends!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment