Thursday, January 31, 2019

Choose Joy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I’m so excited to be sharing a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 January Hip Kits!  They are full of gorgeous Pinkfresh Studio goodies…lots of florals and pretty Spring images.  I began with one of the exclusive cut files for this month, and I cut it on white cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  I also used white as my background.  I blended some of the Fairy Pond Prima Color Bloom from the Color Kit with some white gesso to draw a light blue heart behind the cut file.  I added some extra shades of blue with some blue Shimmerz from previous Color Kits.  I fussy cut lots of flowers from exclusive Project Life cards and embellished on the floral clusters.  I also used some of the Pinkfresh Studio floral die cuts as well as a few patterned papers from the Main Kit.


I wanted to create some dimension on these larger flowers, so I fussy cut some patterned paper pieces and added adhesive foam behind them to raise them up a bit.  I also smudged some white gesso on them to give them some depth.  I love the little royal blue flowers…they inspired me to scrap these photos of my daughter wearing a royal blue outfit.


I wanted to add more texture, detail and dimension to the heart cut file, so I hand stitched around the edge using a light blue thread.  I attached the photos first and then stitched through the parts that were under the cut file.  I also tucked in some tangled thread in a royal blue color.


I love these dimensional stickers from Pinkfresh Studio!  They’re in the Embellishment Kit.  This red one was perfect for the center of my photos.


I added a lot of colorful splatters around the page.  I used the Wild Raspberry & Spring Dandelion Prima Color Bloom sprays as well as the Frost Bite & Miner Miner 49er Shimmerz.  The Color Kits make it so easy to mix and match each month.


I went simple with my title and used some of the metallic gold Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Stickers.  I toned down some of the brassy shine by smudging some white gesso over them.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun texture & details!



I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout!  The January Kits are gorgeous (as always), and it was so much fun putting this page together.  I do have a process video here, so be sure to check it out!


Thank you for stopping by!  See you again very soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment