Friday, February 1, 2019

Together / Pinkfresh Studio

It's Friday...finally!  Woo hoo!  Today I wanted to share another layout for the Pinkfresh Studio Design Team.  I used the Everyday Musings collection, and I just love it.  I began the layout with a cut file by Paige Evans.  This is the Floral Butterfly Outline cut file, and the right side of it was perfect for backing with patterned paper.  I chose a soft color scheme and backed all the flowers and leaves.  I did some mixed media on some white cardstock for the background.


I created some dimension by backing the cut file with some adhesive foam.  I love the shadowing that creates.  I went simple with the title and used one of the words from the gold Puffy Stickers.  I toned down some of the brassiness of the bold by smudging some white gesso over it.


I wanted a pop of the darker blue under the cut file, so I tucked in some tangled thread.  I love the messy and whimsy look it gives.


I created a cluster over on the left side of the photo using some Ephemera Die Cuts, Puffy Stickers and Layered Stickers.  I wanted to add touches of all the colors on the right side over here on the left side.  I used some of the Journaling Cards as layers behind the photo.


I decided to jazz up the right side of the background by tearing it and adding some purple patterned paper behind it.  I like that it's crooked and uneven.


For the background work, I first added some clear gesso.  I used the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors to add lots of light blue.  It's a really bold blue, but I softened it up by only using a little drop and adding lots of water.  I also added some light splatters of yellow and purple.


One more thing I did was use the packaging technique to add the blue watercolor.  While it was still wet, I added a few drops of white acrylic paint.  It swirled around and lightened up areas of the blue.  Once it was dry, I smudged some white gesso over parts to lighten up even more areas.  I love layering products...it's all good!


I really love how this turned out...I hope you enjoyed it!  Be sure to check out the Everyday Musings collection.  It's so bright and fun!

Here's a video for you!



Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment