Friday, January 11, 2019

Merry / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, my friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I'm still using up the 2018 December Hip Kits, and they continue to inspire me.  I wanted to use this adorable frame paper from the Main Kit, so I fussy cut a lot of them out.  I played around with the arrangement and settled on a vertical design.  I chose two photos of different size and added them behind some frames.  I treated each square like a tiny layout and used lots of embellishments on them.


Mot of the embellishments are exclusive this month.  Here you can see that I raised up all the frames using some foam adhesive under them.  I used some of the exclusive chipboard stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts and sequins.


I used white cardstock as the background.  I coated it with clear gesso first and then pulled out the Color Kit.  I used the Red Necking and The Holly & The Ivy to add lots of red and green.  I also used a few colors from previous kits, including Miner Miner 49er.  Those cute black clear stickers are in the Project Life Kit.


Here you can see more embellishments...more puffy stickers, die cuts and even a wood veneer button.  To tone down the brassy gold on the puffy stickers, I smudged on some white gesso.  It works so well, and it creates more of a matte gold look.


I added some machine stitching detail to a few of the squares.  I backed them all with either patterned paper or Project Life cards.  I love how they turned out, and the dimension really makes them pop of the page.


I wanted some extra texture peeking through the frames, so I added in some tangled thread in matching colors.



I used one of the die cut labels for my journaling and stuck it on the left hand side.


Okay, here are even more detail shots because we all know I take too many...haha.




I hope this inspires you to cut up this frame paper and make a cool layout with it!  This was fun to make, and the frames actually helped the layout come together really easily.  Be sure to check out my process video here.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fabulous video, I really enjoyed watching how you work and thank goodness for the captions!! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete