Tuesday, November 6, 2018

You Are Awesome / Paige Evans DT

Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm here with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team using the new Whimsical collection. I have been eyeing all the beautiful scallops on Paper 23 and I decided to fussy cut them all out. My photo is of my daughter playing with her abacus and I was inspired by the shape and colors of all the little beads. I moved all the scallops around for a while trying to decide my design. I finally settled on putting the scallops in rows in rainbow order. I used white cardstock as my background and used clear gessoDistress Oxides, and Shimmerz on the background to create a messy watercolor look. I also used some watered down white acrylic paint to add splatters and finished it off with some gold Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.



I arranged the scallops in rows and lightly glued them down. I added some texture and detail by machine stitching along each row. I was able to curl up the edges of the scallops to create fun dimension. I embellished with embellishments of matching colors. I fussy cut a few butterflies from Paper 06. I also used pieces from the Chipboard Stickers here as well as some of the Ephemera Die Cuts.


I used a paper from the 6x6 Paper Pad as a layer behind my photo as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam. I added heart stickers from the Sticker Book. The cute rainbow heart is from one of the 2x2 Paper Pads. I went simple with the title and used a Sticker Book sticker. I added a bit more texture and color by tucking in pink tangled thread on the sides of the photos.


I used Rub-Ons in between some of the rows for small details. The Chipboard Stickers were perfect for adding tone-on-tone details. I highly recommend picking those up!


I love that there are so many opportunities for rainbow layouts with this collection.  And there are so many little bits and pieces that allow for lots of tone-on-tone embellishing.


Here are a few more detailed close-ups...



I hope this inspires you to do some fussy cutting with some of the Whimsical papers. Don’t be afraid to create your own designs with them! It’s so much fun to think outside the box!

Here's my process video:



 Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment