Thursday, November 15, 2018

I Got Chills / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  I'm here today with a new Winter-themed layout for the Shimmerz Education Team featuring some beautiful Shimmerz Paints :)  I'm loving the DT challenge this month to create a project focusing on one main color, and I chose Vibez Frost Bite.  It's a gorgeous blue, and it makes me think of Winter.  I decided to create my own background using some Glass Bead Gel from my stash and a circle stencil because it resembles snow.

I used thick smooth white cardstock as my background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I used  a palette knife to scrap the glass bead gel over the stencil to create all the circles.  Once that dried, I sprayed the Frost Bite over it.  I blended in some Coloringz Well Blue Me Down and Spritz Cotton Candy.  The liquid colors ran and blended so nicely over the circles.  I sprayed a bit of water over it all to help it blend even more.


Here you can see the fun texture from the glass bead gel.  It's very thick and bumpy and reacts wonderfully with the Shimmerz sprays.  I used some products from an older holiday kit from Hip Kit Club, and it had lots of Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa goodies in it.  These pretty blues made me think of silver, so I used some older chipboard silver glitter alphas for my title.  I did have to add glue to them to make them stick to the background.


I love these colors here...I'm such a blue fan :)  I had lots of die cut snowflakes in my stash, so I used several of them around the page.


I fussy cut some little trees from a Crate Paper patterned paper and added strips of adhesive foam under them to create dimension.  I used some exclusive Hip Kit Club Project Life cards and a patterned paper a layers behind the photo.  I mixed two different shades of pink thread together here for more added color & texture.


I decided to paint some of the white snowflakes, so I lightly coated them with the Frost Bite and mixed in hints of Spritz Granny Gray.  Once they were all glued down, I machine stitched through the middle of them with silver metallic thread.


I really like the dimension created by the overlapped snowflakes.  I also used a few of the light pink puff balls around the page.  I love how the echo the background circles.


Here you can see the light blue coat of Frost Bite on this snowflake.  It's fun to see how dark and how light one color can get just by adding water or adding more layers.  Frost Bite is the perfect blue shade for Winter.


Here's one last look at the fun details.


I hope this inspires you to give Vibez Frost Bite a try on your next project...it's a beautiful and versatile color.  I want to try it out on a Summer layout next!

Be sure to check out my process video to see this page in action.



Thank you for stopping by!


Product Used:



1 comment: