Thursday, November 8, 2018

Lazy Days / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for the Hip Kit Club featuring the 2018 October Hip Kits. I focused on a grid design and the Heidi Swapp Stamps from the Project Life Kit.  I started off by stamping some of the flowers on a sheet of vellum.  I fussy cut them out and put them aside to use them as embellishments later.  I decided to create a grid design by using some patterned papers and a Project Life card.  I cut the papers to 3×4, which is the same size as my photo.  I used white cardstock as my background and applied clear gesso around the edges of the cards.  I used the label stamp to create some detail around the papers before adding some of the Shimmerz from the Color Kit.


I fussy cut some flowers from one of the Paige Evans Whimsical papers from the Main Kit and layered them in between the bottom paper and the Project Life card.  I added more flowers from the Whimsical Ephemera Die Cuts as well as some of the Rub-Ons and Sticker Book stickers.   I wanted to add more detail around the papers, so I machine stitched around the edges.


I fussy cut a few more bits from the Whimsical collection to add in, and I tucked in the stamped Heidi Swapp flowers along the edges here.  Here you can also see that I stamped the dotted square on the background for some extra detail.


I used some of the One Canoe Two Thickers for my title, and I love how that yellow pops against that pink papers.  Here on the background I used the Shimmerz Sunflower.  I did add some adhesive foam under the papers to create some dimension.


I wanted to add some color variation to the papers, so I smudged on some white gesso and then painted on some Shimmerz.  For this blue color, I mixed the Ride the Tide from the Color Kit with Oakie Bear Blue from the August Color Kit.  I just painted it on with a brush and then added black splatters at the very end.


I added another Whimsical Rub-On here at the top as well as another Heidi Swapp Stamp.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun details…



I used a white gel pen here to write my journaling on top of the Project Life card.


I hope this inspires you to create some fun embellishments and detail using the Heidi Swapp stamps.  I had lots of fun making this, and I love how it turned out.  Be sure to check out my process video here if you’d like to see how I put all this together:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Missy, I love all of your creations, you are such an artist and I watch all your videos. :) I would really like to ask you some advice, if you don't mind to share a piece of wisdom with me. :D A few months ago I launched my Youtube channel and I am struggling to get new views and subscribers, so I was wondering if you had some suggestions on how to make it grow. What do you think is key for a scrapbook youtuber to be followed? How much time should it take to reach a decent audience? Thanks a lot!!! Cheers, Virginia

    ReplyDelete