Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Scraps Sketch #98

Happy Sunday, friends!  Have you seen the newest sketch over on the My Scraps Sketch Blog?  We have Heather Leopard as a guest designer, so you won't want to miss it!  It leaves plenty of room for interpretation with lots of diagonal elements.


I pulled out the Echo Park Creative Agenda for this page.  I really liked the diagonal elements in the sketch, so I used two colorful papers (the orange and aqua) for those pieces.  I added a lot of gesso and some modeling paste over a Hero Arts stencil.  I used gelatos to make colorful smudges here and there.  I didn't use that many patterned papers under my photos.  One pink piece and a piece of vellum.  The rest is washi tape, stickers and chipboard from the collection.


Here you can really see the texture that the paste and the stitching creates.  I like that the paste created a subtle pattern.  It's not overwhelming.  And it was really easy to rub some gelatos right on top of it.  I cut "everyday" on my Cameo and mixed it with the alphas in the EP collection.


I know I've mentioned this a million times, but adding pop dots under your photos makes a huge difference.  You're able to add little bits and pieces under it, like thread, stickers and chipboard.  Plus the dimension they give is awesome.


Here's something I've learned along they way while playing with gesso.  If you spread it thin enough on top of patterned paper (like this orange paper), it dries the color of the paper under it.  I really didn't have to add much gelato to some of this section.  The thicker it is, the whiter it is.  It all depends on the look you're going for.  I added lots of little goodies over here, including a fun flair pin.


I hope this inspires you to give our new sketch a try!  The Sketch Team has done a great job, and there is a lot of inspiration over on the Sketch Blog.  Go check it out :)  You have until midnight January 31st EST to upload your layout & be eligible for the prize!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Such an awesome take on the sketch Missy! I love the way you pieced the papers together behind your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! Love all the texture and colors!

    ReplyDelete