Saturday, January 10, 2015

I Want to Inspire / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hey there!  I hope you're having a great weekend so far.  It was awesome to get to sleep in a bit this morning...I think the kids were just as worn out as we were from the first week back on normal school schedule.  Nothing beats a cozy Saturday sleep-in!

Today I'm sharing my January layout for Chickaniddy Crafts.  With so much going on this month (especially the new CHA releases), the team created just one project this month instead of two.  I decided to focus on one thing (of many) that I want to do in the coming year.  That one thing is INSPIRE.  I am a fitness instructor, and I absolutely adore the members who attend my classes.  They're like extended family.  They always work hard and are soaking wet after every Spin class!  They inspire me to become a better instructor, and I want to inspire them to continue changing their bodies and becoming even more healthy.  So my layout is dedicated to them!

I pulled out the Scrumptious and Jolly Good collections and used lots of the die cut frames to created my overlapped background.


Supplies Used: JG140S02 Sugar Cookies, JG14Eb04 Die Cut Tags, JG140S04 Sweater Weather, JG14EB09 Enamel Stars, JG14EB07 Sentiments, JG14EB03 Journal Tags, JG14EB08 Mini Brads, SC14EB04 Die Cut Tags, SC140S02 Home Sweet Home, SC140S06 Autumn Haze, SC140S01 Fall Banquet, SC140S12 Corn on the Cob, SC14EB03 Journal Tags, SC14EB09 Enamel Stars, SC14EB05 Banners, SC14EB08 Mini Brads, SC14EB02 Alpha Stickers, TG14EB01 Alpha Stickers, Liquitex Gesso, Artist's Loft Watercolors, Faber Castell Gelatos, Black Sharpie Pen, Brother Sewing Machine, Coats Thread, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, cardstock, Silhouette Cameo.

Here's how I created this layout:

1.  I sorted through the Die-Cut Tags from each collection and pulled out the frames.  There are a lot to choose from in different sizes and colors!  I arranged them on my background paper and then adhered them together so I could move the design as a whole around.  I wanted to paint my background first before adhering the frames.


2.  Once I knew where my frames were going, I added lots of white gesso to my striped background.  I took some watercolors and gesso to scatter color around.  I tried to add opposing colors than the colors of the frames so all the colors would be in various places around the page.  Once the background dried, I adhered the frame design and stitched around a few of them.

3.  I added a few paper layers behind my photo and adhered that.  I then pulled out the Journal Tags from both collections.  These were perfect for adding little touches around the frames.  I used some of the Mini Sticker Sentiments and Enamel Stars on them.



4.  I combined my title using alpha stickers from Scrumptious and Twirly Girly and also a cut from the Silhouette Store.  I love mixing my titles up.  I also added my journaling inside two of the frames.


5.  I finished off the layout by adding brads here and there and adding some pink stitching in close zig zags around the page.


This was such a fun layout to create!  The frames made the background unique, and using the Journal Tags as accents really made it all come together.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Missy I could leave you a comment and tell you with every page that it is the most amazing layout I have ever seen but it would seem like I'm stalking you so I won't. But it's true and your work is amazing! Thank you for sharing them with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new line from CN! Always adore your backgrounds and layering! You are on a roll girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This design is so fun Missy! Love the way you used the frames in the background and the cute border strips down the side of your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh your page is sooo fun!!! LOVE LOVE all your layers framed and that pic is sooo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete