Tuesday, October 27, 2015

XOXO / Freckled Fawn Guest Designer

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm so excited to share my layout today...I was asked to be a Guest Designer for October over at Freckled Fawn!  I immediately said YES when Janna emailed me.  These embellishment kits are so unique and fun, and I played with the Woodland Kit.

Check out how gorgeous it is...beautiful felt adhesive leaves, transparent circles with fun sayings on them, white glitter puffy word stickers, shiny gold puffy hearts, enamel dots, copper-gold dotted washi tape, wood veneer frame.....and more!



Here's one of the layouts I created.  I started with white cardstock and my black and white picture.  I wanted to play off of the beautiful colors in the kit, so I used gelatos and watercolor pencils and a circle stencil to create lots of different sized circles in various colors.  I used some tissue paper, patterned paper and a small piece of light teal cardstock to layer behind my photo.  From the kit, I created more circles using the washi tape.  I used one of the transparent circles and layered one of the white puffy stickers on top of that.  I just had to use a few of those leaves, so I layered them under the lower left of the photo.  I also used one of those adorable arrow paper clips.


These leaves have the prettiest colors in them!  And as you can see, you certainly don't have to just use them for a Fall related layout.  They are so bright and colorful, and they go with anything.  I used my waterbrush to smudge my circles on the background...I love how they turned out!


I did add some machine stitching and a few pieces from my stash.  The "so many of my smiles" sticker is from MAMBI, and my XOXO stickers are from October Afternoon.


Here's one more look at the circles...this is a fun and easy way to create  your own background design without getting messy at all.  Use watecolor pencils or gelatos to trace through a stencil, and then use a waterbrush or paint brush to smudge the color.


Thank you to Janna over at Freckled Fawn for inviting to me to Guest Design this month...I had a blast!  I'll have another project using this kit to share soon :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

2 comments: