Sunday, October 4, 2015

She's A Wild One / Hip Kit Club

Hello friends!  I am back today to share another layout for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 September Hip Kits.  The zebra and giraffe from the Main Kit were what inspired me to make this "wild" layout.  I decided to scrap this photo of my youngest child who is without a doubt my "wild child."  So these animals were perfect to tie into that theme :)

I also decided to create a grid design this time.  I like doing that from time to time because it's fun to embellish each section.  I like to make sure most of the colors all over the page are each represented in the four parts.  I used a bit of white gesso to create a bit of lighter shading and then used some yellow paint to create some smudges on the background.  I didn't do a lot of mixed media on this page because I knew I'd be adding a lot of die cuts and stickers.


I love all of these colors mixed together.  I used yellow paint to color this wood veneer and then layered it right on to of the photo.  I've been trying to make that "Totally" piece fit on other pages, but it looked just right on this one here.


I used a lot of little pieces on this quadrant.  That cute camera is acetate, but I stapled it to white cardstock and then cut around the edges.  I didn't want the colors to be muddied up by laying it directly over the background.  I added pop dots to it and layered it over the big die cut and some tangled thread.  I cut that "happy" banner piece from one of the Project Life cards.


I love this zebra!  I raised him up, added tangled thread and a rub-on under him.  That red circle is a rub-on that I adhered to white paper and then cut out.  That's a great way to use your rub-ons if you're not sure where you want them to go just yet.  I also added a puffy sticker, a few enamel hearts and an Elle's Studio stamp from the April Kits.  And those balloons...aren't they so pretty and bright?


This quadrant is made up of the Amy Tan washi tape.  This giraffe was perfect here, and I added a puffy sticker, a die cut and a stamp to finish it all off. 


I had to have my title reflect all of the "wild" elements :)  And since Paige's hair is standing straight up, it makes her look even more wild than she is...haha.  I love these green skinny Thickers!


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out.  Thanks for watching!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments: