Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hey Awesome Girl / My Scraps & More

Happy Tuesday!  Today I'm sharing a layout I created a few weeks ago for the last September Tuesday Trigger Challenge over at My Scraps & More.  One of our themes last month was SCHOOL, so I created a fun school-related challenge.

English: Hand write your journaling directly onto your background.
Math: Use numbers on your layout.
History: Use a photo at least 3 years old.
Science: Mix and match some inks, mists or paints.


I used the Basic Grey Capture collection for this.  I created those numbers in my Silhouette software and cut them on my background paper.  After backing them with some blue paper, I covered a lot of the area behind the photo with white gesso.  I used gelatos and inks on top of that and then added my photo and layers.


I hand cut the AWESOME letters out of patterned papers and then cut "girl" on white cardstock on my Cameo.  I used gelatos to color it.  That fun scalloped border is from the sticker sheet, and I love that this lined paper was perfect for my journaling.


Creating a big element on your layout can be very striking.  The numbers were perfect since this was a "school" challenge :)  I incorporated a few pieces of coordinating chipboard and stitched through them.


More chipboard...I added some foam adhesive under the red heart since it was pretty high up and overlapping the green circle.


One more close-up of the title area...I took advantage of all of the Hellos, His and Howdys in this line and used them.  I also added a flair button from my stash :)


If you're not already, I would love to see you become a member over on the My Scraps forums!  We have a new challenge up every day, and the ladies over there are so nice, fun and supportive.  It's a great place to be!

And be sure to check out the My Scraps store...there is a TON of products in there!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment