Saturday, October 3, 2015

Love You Card / World Card Making Day @ My Scraps

Happy Saturday, and Happy World Card Making Day!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.  I have a card to share with you today to celebrate :)  Over on the My Scraps & More forums and Facebook page, we have several card challenges going on.  Each Design Team Member has created a card and a challenge.

I made this card using the Maggie Holmes Styleboard collection from Crate Paper.  I used the Pie Hearts cut file from The Cut Shoppe and backed it using some of the papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad.  I used some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink to create a watercolor effect on the background.  I used some plastic packaging to create a clear pocket for the sequins and then stitched around it with gold thread.


Creating a pocket is a fun technique to try for cards, and you can do it with sequins or confetti.  I cut the "love you" sentiment on my Cameo and then used gold Color Shine to give it some sparkle.  I finished it off with a coordinating flair button from the collection.


My challenge for this is to use the following on your card:

1.  Something gold.
2.  Sequins (or enamel dots)
3.  A heart as the main design element.

If you'd like to play along, you can do it on our Facebook page or on the forums.

Hope to see you there!  Have a great day!

1 comment: