Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I Found You / My Scraps Sketch #114

Hey, friends!  I wanted to share the layout I created for My Scraps & More's Sketch #114.  The super talented  Melissa Mann designed the sketch, and I had so much fun creating a grid design.  I used the Echo Park Creative Agenda for this, and I scrapped some photos of my little silly goose hiding behind the curtain.  I could see nothing but her little leg sticking out of the bottom, so I had to grab the camera and get a few pictures :)

Here's the sketch...

I punched out lots of squares from different patterned papers to begin, and then I arranged them on the background paper.  I adhered them all down and then went over most of it with some white gesso.  I came back in with some gelatos, inks and paints to create a watercolor look.  Once that was all dry, I machine stitched through each row of squares and added some washi tape strips.


I added lots of fun stickers fro the collection as well as a few chipboard elements.  I love how the gesso sort of blends away some of the crisp edges and colors and mutes it a bit.  I added pop dots behind the "Today" sticker and added some thread under it for more interest and depth.


This clock was so cute, so I popped it up as well.  Paige was three here, so I used the "3" circle.


One more close-up here...I love this plus sign background paper.  It's busy, but not too busy to add things to it.  And the gesso helps with that, too.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  You can check out the Sketch Blog to see the sketch and to play along with the next two sketches!

Have a great day!

1 comment: