Thursday, October 15, 2015

Get Cozy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have another layout to share with you today for Hip Kit Club.  I'm so excited to be continuing on the Design Team for another term, and now my layouts will be featured on the Hip Kit Blog every other Thursday.  We will be alternating between the Blog and the Hip Kit Club Facebook page.  So next week, my project will be on Facebook.

This page features the beautiful 2015 October Hip Kits.  It turned out totally different than I had originally planned.  Those textured circles were supposed to be my background, but I wound up not liking what I had created, so I took some circle punches and used bits and pieces of it.  I used a few Project Life cards as layers, lots of the Jen Hadfield washi tape and some of the exclusive printables available to Hip Kit Members.


Here you can see the texture on the circles.  I used the leafy stencil from the Color Kit with some modeling paste.  Then I used the Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink from the May Color Kit over it.  It wound up just being too much for what I wanted, so that gave me the idea to use small increments of it.  So that's when I punched the circles.  I could still get the blue and the texture, but in smaller doses.
I heat embossed some of the Simple Stories wood veneer...I can't get enough glitter or gold!


These Pink Paislee arrows are amazing!  I used some of the Jen Hadfield (Pebbles) washi tape and stickers here.  I also added in some gold stitching.


Lots of layering going on here...more gold heat embossing and thread.  I punched "Smile" from one of the patterned papers and stitched through it before popping it up.  Those little sentiments are from the exclusive printable sheet.


I love the colors here...the mints and blues are so pretty with the blush and coral, I think.  I love the washi tape with words...so cute!  I just happened to have a blue Sharpie pen that matched my colors perfectly.


One more close-up...I used some of the Pink Paislee Memorandum gold stickers and some of the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane clear teal sentiment stickers.  Some of my favorite little bits of these kits!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope it gives you some fun ideas!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment