Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween Workout / My Mind's Eye

 ****************Go HERE for The Cut Shoppe Halloween Blog Hop*****************

Happy Halloween, friends!  I hope you have a fun weekend planned :)  Today I wanted to share my latest layout for My Mind's Eye, and it's what I call a full-on traditional Halloween page.  I used the Something Wicked collection mixed with a bit of Lemon Lime Heavyweight Cardstock.

I knew I wanted to add in some lime green because of the colors in the picture.  I started with white cardstock and some orange watercolors.  I used the packaging technique to get some orange on the page, and then I used a big spider web that I cut out using my Cameo.  I placed it on the page and then used black Heidi Swapp Color Shine over it.  That stuff is amazing but very messy....haha....so watch out where you spray it! :D

After that dried, I used the Citron Color Shine to add some bright green splatters.  I layered some patterned papers and some of the MME cardstock behind my photo and then embellished around it with die cuts, glitter puffy stickers, a flair pin and some tangled thread.   I love this photo of me and a few friends from last year.  We all dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for our Body Pump workout!  It was super fun :D


I used some patterned paper and cardstock down at the bottom of the page to tie in to the colors up top and then added this cute skull flair pin.  I also added machine stitching to tie in the black.  Those awesome glitter alphas are the perfect size for a title.


For this part of my title, I used papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad and hand drew the letters and then fussy cut them out.  I used my ATG gun to lightly adhere them to the page before stitching through them.  I love how they look against that grungy background.


Here's another look at those letters.  I used a black pen to lightly trace around some of them to give them more interest and to make them pop a bit more.  I didn't want the orange ones to blend in and get lost against the orange in the background.


I love how the Color Shine made the spider web look...and all I did was spray it on.  So easy!  And it's imperfect and messy, which I love.  I have to say my favorite part of this collection is the fun glitter puffy stickers!  I love this mask!


Thanks so much for stopping in today....have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment