Friday, October 23, 2015

Smile / Hip Kit Club

It's Friday....yessss!  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today, which features the 2015 October Hip Kits.  This page was inspired by our October Moodboard.  I love the butterfly, and it inspired me right away.


I wanted to create a light and airy feel with the butterflies, so I cut eight of them on my Cameo in various patterned papers from the kit.  I used light kraft cardstock as my base, and I used a lot of white gesso to create the white cloudy effect.  I came in over that with the Prima Watercolor Pencils from the Color Kit to create that pretty watercolor look.  I stitched through all of the butterflies and then made sure their wings were fluffed up to give dimension.


I just love how this turned out...I didn't want to add too much more to the page, so I only added a few pieces of Jen Hadfield (Pebbles) washi tape, a few punched sentiment circles and a few die cuts and stickers.


I also added gold stitching to add more pops of shiny gold.  I love the stitching...I think it gives such great detail, and the white thread is very subtle.


For my photo area, I added a few papers behind it.  I also added some washi tape right on top of the photo since there was some open white space there on the left side.  I layered in a punched "Hello" circle with a "Love" die cut.  I also used one of the pretty coral flower die cuts and a few stickers.


One final close-up of the title area.  I used the stickers from the Pebbles sheet here and then a few Pink Paislee clear stickers under that.


Here's my process video...I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for dropping in today....have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment