Thursday, October 22, 2015

If You Want to be Happy, Be / Shimmerz Education Team

Happy Thursday!  I hope you are all enjoying your week so far.  I have a fun layout to share with you for Shimmerz that involves a hard to scrap color....purple!  I used the Pink Paislee Memorandum collection and several Shimmerz products for this.  The papers have purple in them, so I decided to grab my Creameez in Paradise Punch and Inklingz in Pugnacious Purple and go to work :)

I started with some white gesso and some Hazel and Ruby tissue paper with text on it.  Once that was dry, I used a scribbly stencil and some Foiled Again Dazzlerz to create some metallic texture.  Next, I used my purple products with a paint brush, and then came in with some Coloringz in Oh Say Can You Sea (a teal color) and Vibez in Glorious Day (a sunset golden yellow color).


Here you can see the awesome texture from the stencil and Dazzlerz.  I used the packaging technique with the liquid sprays a bit and then just sprayed it directly onto the paper.  I used a paper towel to dab up the excess, and that allowed the spray to seep into the cracks so the Dazzlerz still showed through.


Here's some of the beautiful purple tones...I love mixing the Creameez and Inklingz together!  Satin and shimmer mixed together :)  I used these products right over the tissue paper and the washi tape strips I added.  I also used the Glorious Day Vibez on some white cardstock and then punched little hearts out of it.


I did wind up having to glue down the washi tape ends.  It doesn't like to stick completely when there's gesso on the paper.  I love how the purples, teals and yellows look together...a very pleasant yet surprising color scheme.

 

I used silver embossing powder on this "happy" wood veneer and then painted over it lightly with the Creameez for a hint of purple.  My flair buttons are from A Flair For Buttons, and I love how this butterfly flair has purple and teal in it...it was perfect for this page.


Here's one more close-up of the textured background.  I highly recommend Dazzlerz for creating beautiful background designs!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this layout from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy and get some ideas from it :)


Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

Products Used:
Dazzlerz - Foiled Again
Vibez - Glorious Day, Before Dawn
Creameez - Paradise Punch
Inklingz - Pugnacious Purple
Coloringz - Oh Say Can U Sea


1 comment:

  1. Absolutley stunning! I just love how you kept going back and adding more mixed media to your layout.

    ReplyDelete