Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Busted! / CREATE Magazine

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Today I wanted to share the second layout published in the 2015 September issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE Magazine.  You can still download your FREE copy HERE!  There really are so many pages of amazing paper crafting inspiration included.  You don't want to miss out!


One of my assignments was to use a stamp on my layout.  This happens to be a favorite technique of mine!  I grabbed some white cardstock, some gesso and a few stamps and got to work.  I used several colors of Distress Inks.  I wanted to create a rainbow of colors.  I used a big ampersand stamp I got at Michael's and stamped it several times in different colors.  I used some water and a paint brush to smudge some of the color around to give it a watercolor effect.  I did a bit of the packaging technique with some of the inks as well.

I used a stamp from Neat & Tangled and some black Archival ink to create the black frames around the photo clister, some Elle's Studio stamps to create the 1,000 and some more Michael's alpha stamps to create "times a day."  That little "Hey You!" above the title is a My Mind's Eye stamp, and the "there she goes again" above the photo is Teresa Collins.


I used a lot of American Crafts products...including papers, die cuts, puffy stickers, transparencies and a chipboard frame.  The collections are Plus One and Rise and Shine.  I had to use the "Busted" and "Oh My" pieces because my little wild child was busted as she was climbing up into my desk chair when she didn't think I was looking.  Wrong!  I was looking and I had a camera...haha!


I added in these fun transparency pieces that I cut from a 12x12 sheet. I love how they look as layers and on a background.


I love this flair button (from A Flair For Buttons) because of the fun sentiment!  I thought it was perfect for this particular layout :)


I just can't get enough of these colors. I'm such a sucker for rainbow bright colors!  I had to use that orange and pink camera...I have been waiting for just the right page, and this was it.


I hope this inspires you in some way to get creative with stamps on a layout!  I love the different things you can do with them.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments: