Saturday, October 10, 2015

Using Gold Foil on a Halloween Layout / My Mind's Eye

Hey, friends!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far.  I have a fun Halloween layout to share with you today for My Mind's Eye.  I dug into the new Something Wicked collection and paired lots of pieces from it with some of the Necessities collections.

I began with this beautiful wood grain paper from the Necessities line.  I love creating Halloween pages, but I don't want them to be too dark.  There is so much black associated with Halloween, and I wanted this to be a light and airy page.  I pulled some of the beautiful gold dotted vellum from the Necessities Metallics collection and used it as a big vertical design on the background.  Before I adhered it, I did a little bit of gelato / watercolor work on the wood paper in orange tones.  I wanted it to be subtle and not overpower the vellum.

I used a few different patterned papers from Something Wicked and a sheet of the MME Glimmer Cardstock in Carrot Stick on my Cameo to cut different sized heart circles.  Who says you can't have hearts on a Halloween page, right?  I layered them all together and worked in a few pumpkins as well.


I layered some black tangled thread under the photo and cardstock, and I did a lot of messy stitching behind my title to make it stand out a bit more.  I cut "pumpkins" in white cardstock and then used orange gelatos and gold Color Shine to color it.  I used a few cards from the Mixed Bag as layers behind my photo and then I stitched through it with gold thread.  The alphas for "Galore" are from the Just Sayin' collection.


These are some of my favorite pieces from this collection.  That chipboard pumpkin and the little girl with the black cat are just adorable.  I fussy cut the girl from one of the cards in the Mixed Bag.  I love how she's looking toward the photo.  I layered her on a pumpkin die cut and then added in some enamel shapes & dots.  I also did more gold stitching.  I love how all of the layering looks here!


Here's one more close-up of the layering behind the photo.  I think all of these oranges really bring out the oranges in the photo, and the black makes everything pop.  And I love how the wood grain background lightens up the entire layout.


I hope this inspires you to create something fun for Halloween or Fall, and if you're looking for a fun and classic Halloween line, Something Wicked is fabulous!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Missy i love your pages! Wonder if you could talk about your photos? Do you use a certain kind of camera or film? Do you alter them with a program before printing? Where do you get photos printed? The photos have a certain quality to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SERIOUSLY in love with this, may be my fav layout of yours like ever!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete